What is a bigger failure?

When the Bills went 2-14 a few years in a row the Bills managed to get the #1 overall pick and took Bruce Smith,

TBH I'd rather see the Bills be total failures for a few years to get an extraordinary player or two, and...

During those bleak 2-14 years before Marv, Kelly and Polian the fans stayed away in doves and the few that did show up wore bags. That bleak attendance woke the old man up so he could hire some new people with some smarts or he would be forced to sell the team.

He hired Bill Polian and Bill hired Marv, who hired Ted Marchibroda who then built that amazing offense!!!!! No offense but if it were up to Marv he would have installed the wing T like he did in KC.

Every year the Bills go 7-9 and the optimistic freakiziods come outta everywhere and think the Bills are on the way to the SB because of the new free agents or draft picks, and every year they end up whining and crying about the season in some fashion or other because the Bills fall short.

Even with TO the Bills can't overcome that offensive line that is in total upheaval, what good is a 6 million receiver if the QB doesn't have time to get the ball to him.

sheesh--a good post til the last sentence. Trent had plenty of time to throw last year. That -along with our DBs and STs was one of our few strengths.

Bills vs Cowboys on monday night a couple years ago is all you need to know about this franchise.

Ouch!

I think you have hit the nail squarely upon it's head.

What an ugly way to lose. Didn't the Bills have 2 or 3 INT TDs and ST scores? I'm fuzzy on the game details, but recall the great plays by George Wilson et al.

Finding a way to lose -- yikes, it reminds me of the Kay Stephenson era ...