For all the posters who say "Hardy is a bust"

The majority never developed into ANYTHING, let alone a starting WR in the NFL.

So because the majority didn't pan out, Hardy has no chance of panning out :cry:

You know, I was gonna make some sarcastic remark about how you and the others who seem to be giving up on Hardy should be NFL GMs because it's obvious that you're such geniuses...but then I realized someone might actually think I was serious and one of you would embarrass yourselves and try to get hired as a GM

Unless a person has true psychic ability there is NO WAY of knowing if Hardy will pan out or not. You can throw up stats and charts and graphs till you're blue in the face but it won't change how things work in the real world

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because the majority didn't pan out, Hardy has no chance of panning out :cry:

You know, I was gonna make some sarcastic remark about how you and the others who seem to be giving up on Hardy should be NFL GMs because it's obvious that you're such geniuses...but then I realized someone might actually think I was serious and one of you would embarrass yourselves and try to get hired as a GM

Unless a person has true psychic ability there is NO WAY of knowing if Hardy will pan out or not. You can throw up stats and charts and graphs till you're blue in the face but it won't change how things work in the real world

And there's no way you don't know I won't have dinner with Barack Obama, get him and his wife drunk, jump in the hottub with them, and then yell "Yahtzee!!!" at the climax of passion.

But there's a pretty damn good chance it ain't gonna happen.....

And there's no way you don't know I won't have dinner with Barack Obama, get him and his wife drunk, jump in the hottub with them, and then yell "Yahtzee!!!" at the climax of passion.

But there's a pretty damn good chance it ain't gonna happen.....

The thing is...nothing is absolute...and it's beyond stupid to give up on a guy because he had a bad rookie season. There are countless players in the NFL today who would've been cut if their GMs had that lack of common sense...and I'd wager there's some players enshrined in Canton who never would've been because some moron would've cut them because their rookie season wasn't good

The biggest multiple for WRs that started slow and ended up making it is 5-6x stats.

Hardy was on the field for a good amount of time this year. He started 3 games. His major asset was to run a 40 yard decoy pattern away from the play in hopes of taking the CB with him so it became a 10 on 10 drill with more room for the ball carrier to move.

Hardy is coming off a major knee surgery.

I predict the best possible year Hardy will EVER have is 45-600-7

I predict the most likely stats for Hardy's best year given comparable examples is 25-300-4

The Bills front office gets off the hook for this horrible pick because of the injury....and that's too bad.

Got the winning numbers for tomorrow's lotto drawing, too?

I take it you weren't a statistics major in college?

That's ok....many here don't understand relation and probability.

And I am sick of the "If you're so smart...why aren't you a GM?" comment.

There are 32 NFL GMs. You are saying that just because you are a GM, you are good at what you do. You are implying that because I, or someone else isn't a GM, that our opinion on player development is worthless, or at minnimum not as qualified as a GM.

There are less than 1000 members of Congress. Does that mean that I or anyone else doesn't have the right to critique them? Do you feel that all of those members of Congress are more qualified than yourself to make a decision? Do you feel that those are the best and most talented people for that job out there???

I am sure there are reporters here that could have been accountants......accountants that could have been musicians.....musicians that could have been lawyers....lawyers that could have been doctors.....doctors that could have been car salesmen....and car salesmen that could be an NFL GM.

It's a football opinion board......and when little things like facts, statistics, probabilities and intangables go into giving an opinion......it is much more solid than relying on HOPE. We HOPE Hardy turns into an average WR because he sure as hell wasn't last year.

Well....you and others can hope all you would like. I could be wrong, but there is a better chance of Bass Pro being up and running next year than there is of Hardy ever going to a Pro Bowl.

Statistical evidence of what? Sure those other wide receivers started slow and developed into great players but what does this mean for Hardy? Do we need to analyze the stats of all the guys that didn't develop?

Evidence that some WR take time to learn to be good. The stats are proof that it is too early to declare Hardy a Bust!

Evidence that some WR take time to learn to be good. The stats are proof that it is too early to declare Hardy a Bust!

There is a difference between saying he is a bust, and saying in all probability he is a bust. I am saying the later.

In 5 years James Hardy will be:

a) A HOF WR in the making........0.1%

b) A starting #1 WR in the NFL.....2%

c) A starting #2 WR in the NFL.....12.9%

d) A specialty WR with decent playing time 20%

e) An injury fill in or traning camp invitie 25%

f) Out of the league.....40%

There is a difference between saying he is a bust, and saying in all probability he is a bust. I am saying the later.

Exactly! Goofs like Philster can't ever just accept that others have a different opinion. What is wrong with saying that you think he is going to be a bust? Look through the thread and tell me alot of observers don't have serious questions about the guy. Phil, you don't think there is enough evidence to give up on him. Good for you! It's my opinion and the opinion of some others that Hardy has a good chance of not panning out. No one here is saying drop the guy he's definately done, so don't get all high and mighty like your so much smarter than everyone. Give your opinion and stop acting like a tough guy. Being a jackoff is an ugly character flaw.

True but as Phillip said nothing is concrete. So observing a player and predicting his potential is part of being a fan.

another internet tough guy who can't even read the posts on the board but can throw around personal attacks for the ignore list :cry:

Phil this thread is filled with your personal attacks on posters who were simply debating with you. This is your usual response to return fire.

o give me a break.