QB advice...

Buftex

Okay, here is my dilema. Brett Favre, my starting QB, is on his bye week. Right now, as my back-ups, I have Josh McCown (playing in Miami) and Kerry Collins (at Carolina). For some reason, Drew Brees (playing at home vs New Orleans) is still a free agent. I put a waiver claim in on him, but may not get him (I get last priority in waiver acquisituions, because I am #1!). So, my question: Should I try to acquire Brees, and dump Collins? Assuming I get Brees, I would start him. If I don't, my choices are Collins or McNown...who would you start?

sorry, i missed this before, dunno how i didnt see it.

anyways, wow, thats a tough one. we all know ariz loves to throw the ball, especially with the 3 big WR's they got now. but they are playing a stiff miami d.

oaklands got the panthers, who have a terrible defense this year. but collins still sucks, although wheatley is back from injury.

uhmm.....

plus maybe that arizona road losing deserves some consideration.

mmmm....

i think if it was me i'd pick collins. wheatley playing again is going to help them a lot. plus it might end out a shootout with those two bad defenses.

but its a crapshoot. no wrong pick can be made. either one could have a big day, or a crappy day.

OMG! <_< If you can get Brees and have to dump Collins,then so be it. Now assuming you dont get Brees,that IS a tough call. Miami might give up,but they still have a good 'D'. Myself,Id go with Collins. Hes not much better than McCown,but I think Collins can put better numbers up against Carolinas 'D' (which isnt so hot) than McCown will against Miami. So I say Collins.

Thanks guys! I was lucky enough to get Brees, and played him. He ended up with 247 yards and 4td's. As it turned out though, it likely wouldn't have mattered who I played at QB. All my guys had monster days, except Curtis Martins (fine by me!) My oppenent had McMabb, who had an awful game. I got a huge game out of Clinton Portis, Tony Gonzalez, Adam Vinateri and the Bills defense. Going into tomorrow nights Monday night game, I am up by 62 points. My oppenent has Edgerin James playing tomorrow night, and I still have Marivin Harrison and Marcus Robinson. I think I am going to be 8-1! I have been in this fantasy leauge for 13 years. I won the whole thing my first year ($800), finished second my third year ($100), and have done pretty miserable all other years. I must admitt, I am benefitting a little, in that it seems like two players in my leauge (both relatively new to the game) just don't seem to have a clue as to what they are doing. I have been more agressive this year about making roster changes....it seems to be paying off so far. Cool thing about our leaug is, the top 6 teams make the playoffs, but the top two seeds (we have two conferences) get a bye week the first week of playoffs. That is one less chance of getting eliminated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.