If Rhodes and Fred run wild the first 3/4 games of the season...

who's the best 3rd-&-short or 4th-&-short back of the three? i hate to count the number of times we've thrown away good drives because of failing to convert short downs

Lynch is the best short-yardage back the Bills have had, in quite a few years.

EDIT: If you are talking about the other three, good question. How has Rhodes been during his career?

Marshawn Lynch is argubly the best player on the team........I like Fred Jackson as much as the next guy but you are crazy to think he should be the starter over Lynch......and I don't care what the circumstances are.....I like how the Bills rotated the two last year and they should stick with it......Rhodes is strictly insurance.....I dont know how good his hands are his blitz pick up but if they are good maybe he can get some run as a 3rd down back

Lynch is the best short-yardage back the Bills have had, in quite a few years.

EDIT: If you are talking about the other three, good question. How has Rhodes been during his career?

sorry about that.. i did mean of the other three apart from Lynch - Jackson, Rhodes & Omon

Guest dog14787
If the backs get those kind of yards, it is due, primarily, to good offensive line play. Are you suggesting the line won't play well Lynch is in the game? I thing the coaches, and other intelligent and objective observers, will assume that Marshawn would have performed equally well, if not better, had he been available.

Normally though, with good play comes the reward of more playing time, and excellent play keeps you on the field as a starter.

Don't forget, unless something changes we go into this season with Fred Jackson as the starting RB for the Buffalo Bills.

Marshawn Lynch is argubly the best player on the team........I like Fred Jackson as much as the next guy but you are crazy to think he should be the starter over Lynch......and I don't care what the circumstances are.....I like how the Bills rotated the two last year and they should stick with it......Rhodes is strictly insurance.....I dont know how good his hands are his blitz pick up but if they are good maybe he can get some run as a 3rd down back

Rhodes out of the backfieldas a receiver is a threat, make no mistakes about it.

Guest dog14787
Rhodes out of the backfieldas a receiver is a threat, make no mistakes about it.

Rhodes is starting RB, folks need to realize we could have the best 1, 2, 3, punch at the RB position in the NFL.

Does ML get that much playing time in game 4/5 or even the starting nod?? I for one didn't like how Peters slid back into his spot after we won all the games and the O-line played like crap the rest of the year (even though more difficult opponents contributed to poor play). By my definition of running wild, I am talking 150 yards or more combined on the ground.

What does everyone here think?

If those two run wild for the Bills in games 1-3, TO is probably going to lose it. He will have a meltdown on the field and probably pull a Columbine in the lockerroom.

Does ML get that much playing time in game 4/5 or even the starting nod?? I for one didn't like how Peters slid back into his spot after we won all the games and the O-line played like crap the rest of the year (even though more difficult opponents contributed to poor play). By my definition of running wild, I am talking 150 yards or more combined on the ground.

Then I think we'll see a RB by committee approach, which wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps Rhodes is the goal line back, Jackson is the 3rd down back, and Lynch gets 10-15 carries instead of his 20+.

Go back in time, to CIN and when Dillon was getting big yards. The competition correctly ignored the passing game as ineffective, and happily let CIN chew up their own clock.

Guest dog14787
Then I think we'll see a RB by committee approach, which wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps Rhodes is the goal line back, Jackson is the 3rd down back, and Lynch gets 10-15 carries instead of his 20+.

That actually makes allot of sense, especially running the no huddle, keeps them all fresh :w00t:

Early on in the season, up to games 10 to 12, this is a great idea. Keep ML fresh until the weather turns then utilize him pounding it the final few games of the season, leading the Bills into the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

I think the Bills see Fred Jackson as a ten to twenty touch player a game, to rest Marshawn, and to go two back sets with him; and to replace him if he gets injured. They see Rhodes as a backup to the backup, taking that role from Jackson when Marshawn is out. I think the signing of Rhodes was a good signing, and not only is insurance for Lynch's absence in the first few games, but also an indication that they'd like to be able to count on the run all season, at any time, in much the same way Indy uses backs - both running and catching. But Marshawn is their guy unless he gets hurt or gets into trouble again, or for some reason his play just goes totally in reverse - which I don't see happening. The guy is a beast, who hasn't had a good line yet, and still impresses.

Rhodes was signed in case Marshawn has another brain cramp, and gets a year suspension the next time. This is definitely not out of the question, based on our experience to date. :w00t:

I would love to see Marshawn emerge as the best player on the team. He has the athletic ability, and TO gives our offense that dynamic 3rd dimension.

Normally though, with good play comes the reward of more playing time, and excellent play keeps you on the field as a starter.

Don't forget, unless something changes we go into this season with Fred Jackson as the starting RB for the Buffalo Bills.

We will go into the season with Fred Jackson as the #2 back on the depth chart and that is where he will remain until he outperforms Lynch. Since he won't have the opportunity to do that until after Lynch comes back, he will not be the starter when Lynch comes back.

To even suggest the Bills would consider shelving Lynch for Jackson without having seen Jackson outperform Lynch consistently is absurd.