How about Derrick Brooks?

Just say "No!!!" to Derrick Brooks and to Ellison. I hated the selection of Nic Harris, but hope he beats out Ellison somehow, even if he has to go the Tonya Harding route, if Tinoifromsamoa isn't signed. :devil:

Just say "No!!!" to Derrick Brooks and to Ellison. I hated the selection of Nic Harris, but hope he beats out Ellison somehow, even if he has to go the Tonya Harding route, if Tinoifromsamoa isn't signed. :devil:

A Tonya Harding reference. Good one!

The Pats seem to have squeaked by with a few old linebackers. Sometimes smarts can keep you just as effective as the young guys who are faster but take just an instant longer to figure out what's happening.

Brooks is one of the smartest LBs in the league, with great instincts. He would be a great addition, though there's a lot of doubt about whether he will even play again.

maybe we put our older players on the HGH therapy that the Pats are feeding their LBs..

would it be worth it for us to give Brooks a 1-2 year contract and not play every down? is Brooks primarily a pass play or run play linebacker? his Tampa 2 experience is useful, but don't we use a modified Tampa 2 system?

He's a BACKUP.

If he were further down the depth chart, he would be a candidate to be released. He is currently the STARTER. He has been the starter, due to injury, for the past two years. If the coaches didn't like him, to the degree they would cut him if they sign another players, why do they still list him, and talk about him as the starting OLB?

Why to you expect he will be released? Do you think most backup players in the NFL are "difference makers". You don't seem to know what the hell you are talking about.

I like Brooks alot,he may not have the speed and playmaking skills he once had,but he is a great leader,knows the cover2 better than any player on the Bills now and he would make sure every player on defense would be in the right position to make plays.He is the best stop gap player the Bills could sign,i know he is at the end of his career,but it seems to work out for the Patriots.