NFL Network and Comcast close to a deal?

Lori

No Dian - why should I? I do not pay for Lifetime Network so why should I exchange a cost of zero for anything? You think I have a Florida education? Now if you could take cost of Fox News channel and I might make a deal.

Hey Glenn got a Florida education and It sounds like a great deal.

You can't slip one by "Ol bill in Livonia"

Great news! Not only does the NFL back down they also throw DirecTV under the bus.

The deal spans 10 years and would cost Comcast 40 cents to 45 cents per subscriber, down from the NFL's previous asking price of 70 cents. By Aug. 1, the NFL Network will be carried throughout Comcast's service areas on a programming package called Digital Classic, which has around 10 million subscribers.

"It's always been a matter of what's a fair price. ... I think we were able to work that out," Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian Roberts said on a conference call with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. "I think both sides may have had to give a little more than they intended."

The NFL threw in access to DirecTV's Red Zone Channel, a part of the Sunday Ticket satellite package with live look-ins to games when teams are inside the 20-yard line.

link

Just as a follow up, looks like the NFL is taking some pot shots at Comcast. On Total Access this morning, Eisen reported that since the agreement was reached, now "millions will be able to see the NFL Network for free, and won't have to subscribe to an expensive sports package to get it."