Thinking about the upcoming season

jdubs

With Lynch, Jackson locked up, & Rhodes - I believe the Bills may have a dangerous rushing attack now. I know Lynch will be out a couple games, but still. Just think of what we can run with those guys! (and they can all catch too!) I'm thinking Rhodes may actually get some good touches this year and help by rotating to keep all 3 RBs fresh throughout games while wearing opposing Ds down. Plus, run blocking seems to be a strength for Langston, who just may very well be our LT this season. On D - Youbouty should be even better this year (hopefully he stays healthy) and I expect McKelvin will get better as well. We always get great special teams players so I don't see any drop off there. With the additions the team made on the rest of the offense, T.O. taking heat off Evans, Trent hopefully taking another step forward this year, FINALLY drafting a TE that can catch - MAN! - Have to say I'm pretty happy with this team this year. My only question marks are the new O line and if the rookies can cut it, and if Maybin can help turn around our horrid pass rush. If we can fix those issues, I think we'll be pretty good this year. What do you guys think?

I know I'm regurgitating a lot of stuff already discussed here, but just wanted to share my optimism. God knows this place needs it! :thumbsup:

A toast my friends.... to the Bills this season!

:lol::nana::beer: :beer: :beer:

The Bills this year are the classic mid level team. They on paper are mostly projected to go between 7-9 and 9-7. Yet they can fall to 4-12 or go up to 11-5 its all a crap shoot. In the NFL there are so few certainties so its hard to say well this is going to happen and this isn't. The Bills are in the majority of the NFL they have a lot that can go well and a lot that can't

With the exception of the bottom three and the top four teams the rest of the league is in our boat. Another great equalizer is the injury bug. If you can stay healthy you almost are guaranteed to be .500 or better because other teams will get worse than you. In the NFL injuries are much more rampant than in any other league. So your optimism is justified but so is pessimism its just the way the modern day NFL is.

The Bills this year are the classic mid level team. They on paper are mostly projected to go between 7-9 and 9-7. Yet they can fall to 4-12 or go up to 11-5 its all a crap shoot. In the NFL there are so few certainties so its hard to say well this is going to happen and this isn't. The Bills are in the majority of the NFL they have a lot that can go well and a lot that can't

With the exception of the bottom three and the top four teams the rest of the league is in our boat. Another great equalizer is the injury bug. If you can stay healthy you almost are guaranteed to be .500 or better because other teams will get worse than you. In the NFL injuries are much more rampant than in any other league. So your optimism is justified but so is pessimism its just the way the modern day NFL is.

Ahhh the injury bug :thumbsup:

Didn't it seem like the Bills had fewer injuries when Rusty Jones was our trainer ... the last couple of years (maybe this is a Dick reality) it seems like more Bills have gone out for longer periods of time. Plus we haven't heard the current trainer's wife sing the National Anthem yet ....

Ahhh the injury bug :thumbsup:

Didn't it seem like the Bills had fewer injuries when Rusty Jones was our trainer ... the last couple of years (maybe this is a Dick reality) it seems like more Bills have gone out for longer periods of time. Plus we haven't heard the current trainer's wife sing the National Anthem yet ....

The Bills had a freak number of injuries in 2007 but in 2008 they had I would say the normal amount of injuries. For whatever reason it seems like the NFL in general is seeing more injuries for longer periods of time. I don't know if thats true but from an anecdotal position it seems like more stars and starters are going out with injuries. But thats just my own perception.

With Lynch, Jackson locked up, & Rhodes - I believe the Bills may have a dangerous rushing attack now. I know Lynch will be out a couple games, but still. Just think of what we can run with those guys! (and they can all catch too!) I'm thinking Rhodes may actually get some good touches this year and help by rotating to keep all 3 RBs fresh throughout games while wearing opposing Ds down. Plus, run blocking seems to be a strength for Langston, who just may very well be our LT this season. On D - Youbouty should be even better this year (hopefully he stays healthy) and I expect McKelvin will get better as well. We always get great special teams players so I don't see any drop off there. With the additions the team made on the rest of the offense, T.O. taking heat off Evans, Trent hopefully taking another step forward this year, FINALLY drafting a TE that can catch - MAN! - Have to say I'm pretty happy with this team this year. My only question marks are the new O line and if the rookies can cut it, and if Maybin can help turn around our horrid pass rush. If we can fix those issues, I think we'll be pretty good this year. What do you guys think?

I have to agree with you. I think the glass is a little more than half full. This team has some talent, for sure. Could they use some upgrades at a few positions? Of course, but they really don't have any GLARING weaknesses. Sure, there are some big question marks as to how some newly-acquired talent will perform, but they are more experienced on the whole. Yes, there will be some rookies starting and they WILL make rookie mistakes, but this team has the talent to overcome that. If they remain reasonably healthy this season and go at least .500 against division opponents, there's no good reason we won't be watching this team play football in January. I think the real question is can the coaches utilize the talent appropriately and out-gameplan the opposing coaches. That's my biggest concern. Imagine what a guy like Lou Saban could have done with this team!