Is he really that good?

BTW, whether you believe him or not, Stroud had a decent excuse for why he tested positive (an illegal substance in a supplement he took while rehabbing from an ankle injury, but allegedly didn't know had the illegal substance). That is at least potentially plausible. No such luck for Rodney, who out and out admitted that he ordered HGH knowing full well what he was doing, but then again, since he used his own name and address on the order form he really had no other alibi, otherwise, I'm sure he and Kraft would have used it. HGH is what it is and there was no masking or mistaking that. In your heart you, too, know that a bunch of your other boys are probably on that juice as well, starting with the guys I named, not to mention your other buddy, Nick Kaczur, who had enough Oxy on him to knock out a tribe of elephants when caught, yet suffered no punishment from the League (imagine that) and no inquiry as to who else he may have been buying for, since he admitted to buying what law enforcement would view as dealer quantities. I mean, if you literally did the math from what he admitted, he had a $400,000 per year habit. He did that all on his own, huh...

I won't make excuses for rodney (I was more ashamed of that than spygate) but do you really believe Stroud didn't know what he was taking? No one buys that excuse anymore.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't make excuses for rodney (I was more ashamed of that than spygate) but do you really believe Stroud didn't know what he was taking? No one buys that excuse anymore.

Stroud and at least two thirds ( Probably more ) of the Bills roster are on HGH or some other performance enhancers. The NFL has the most rampant drug problem out of all four major sports ( yeah even baseball ) at least 70% of the NFL is using HGH. You can't test for HGH so why wouldn't a player wanting to make big bucks on the last year of the deal take it.

HGH is a huge problem in all four sports and the NFL is the best example. There are so many injuries in the NFL and HGH is used to recover from those injuries. You are honestly fooling yourself if you think the Bills are all clean and the Pats and the rest of the NFL are dirty. There is so much money on the line you would almost be a fool to not take HGH.

Yeah it sucks that the game isn't clean but if not HGH they would just move on to something else. But any time you have big money on the line you have people who will do or take anything to get their hands on it. Than the rest of the league feels the need to keep up even more considering the fact that its is a direct contact sport.

speaking of cheating what about the myriad of steelers from the 70's teams that have either admitted to steroids or have died steroids related deaths. I won't delve too much into the research of it I'll just post a couple links. Not to mention the bronco's cheating the cap in the late 90's (differed 29 mil in payments to elway and td, quite a hefty sum). Not saying what I think the pats did is right but if you look at it in relation to the other transgressions it doesn't seem as bad to me, but you're all bills fans who have a notorious vendetta against the pats Belichick and Brady in particular. But if you think an asterisk is going to stick to the pats for something as miniscule as videotaping signals, keep dreaming.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25350278/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/8322840

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Sep17.html

speaking of cheating what about the myriad of steelers from the 70's teams that have either admitted to steroids or have died steroids related deaths. I won't delve too much into the research of it I'll just post a couple links. Not to mention the bronco's cheating the cap in the late 90's (differed 29 mil in payments to elway and td, quite a hefty sum). Not saying what I think the pats did is right but if you look at it in relation to the other transgressions it doesn't seem as bad to me, but you're all bills fans who have a notorious vendetta against the pats Belichick and Brady in particular. But if you think an asterisk is going to stick to the pats for something as miniscule as videotaping signals, keep dreaming.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25350278/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/8322840

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Sep17.html

For the umpteenth time here's something a little more relevant than quoting stuff from 30 years ago to show that "everyone cheats"--a NYT article from two years ago in which members of the NFL competition committee basically say New England was the main and, in some ways, only team that almost eveyone complained about when it came to pushing the envelope. A little more relevant, don't you think?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/sports/f...ttee&st=cse

My favorites:

In discussions of changes since 2000, one team, the New England Patriots, has surfaced more than any other, according to a longtime N.F.L. team executive with direct knowledge of the meetings.

The committee heard accusations that the Patriots had taped opposing coaches’ signals, placed microphones on defensive players to steal quarterbacks’ audible signals and manipulated clocks and coach-to-quarterback radio systems.

The N.F.L. team executive said the Patriots were the subject of most of the accusations discussed in the rules committee’s deliberations. The team’s recent success and tight-lipped approach, as personified by Belichick, has played a role.

They were the only team, really,” the executive said. “Clearly, they were the team mentioned far more than anybody else.”

The Jacksonville Jaguars lodged a complaint against the Patriots about the failure of a coach-to-quarterback radio system during a January 2006 playoff game, a former Jaguars executive said.

Funny how none of you Pats* fans really have a comeback for this one.....

For the umpteenth time here's something a little more relevant than quoting stuff from 30 years ago to show that "everyone cheats"--a NYT article from two years ago in which members of the NFL competition committee basically say New England was the main and, in some ways, only team that almost eveyone complained about when it came to pushing the envelope. A little more relevant, don't you think?

My favorites:

In discussions of changes since 2000, one team, the New England Patriots, has surfaced more than any other, according to a longtime N.F.L. team executive with direct knowledge of the meetings.

The committee heard accusations that the Patriots had taped opposing coaches’ signals, placed microphones on defensive players to steal quarterbacks’ audible signals and manipulated clocks and coach-to-quarterback radio systems.

The N.F.L. team executive said the Patriots were the subject of most of the accusations discussed in the rules committee’s deliberations. The team’s recent success and tight-lipped approach, as personified by Belichick, has played a role.

They were the only team, really,” the executive said. “Clearly, they were the team mentioned far more than anybody else.”

The Jacksonville Jaguars lodged a complaint against the Patriots about the failure of a coach-to-quarterback radio system during a January 2006 playoff game, a former Jaguars executive said.

First of all thats not from two years ago, its from the league meetings the offseason AFTER spygate.

Nice article from when the Patriots witch hunt was in full swing. Yeah I'm sure they manipulated clocks that are controlled by LEAGUE OFFICIALS. And whats wrong with getting recordings of teams audibles, the dolphins were praised when they admitted to doing it to beat us in 2006

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ady-audio_x.htm

Funny how none of those accusations amounted to anything at all. It was a time when you could take any free shot at the patriots with impunity. Look at Thomase from the Boston Herald who wrote an article with NO SOURCE that the pats had video taped the rams pre game warm up. Then months later retracted it and apologized.

As for the radio interference bull sh1t,

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/0125...ops.html?page=4

That article might be too much reading for you so I'll just throw in one of the more important quotes.

Once Super Bowl XLII starts, the GDCs will be monitoring the frequencies, and fielding complaint and trouble reports. “People don’t understand RF,” says Gerber. [Jay Gerber, manager and founder of the NFL Frequency Organization Group.

] “If their gear stops working, they assume they’re being interfered with. But usually, it’s just the batteries are run down, or an antenna has been disconnected.”

And why are your brushing off my points about the steelers and broncos? Pretty relevant to the conversation since you're saying our 3 superbowl victories were tarnished, I just threw another 6 out there that by your standards are tarnished.

Stroud and at least two thirds ( Probably more ) of the Bills roster are on HGH or some other performance enhancers. The NFL has the most rampant drug problem out of all four major sports ( yeah even baseball ) at least 70% of the NFL is using HGH. You can't test for HGH so why wouldn't a player wanting to make big bucks on the last year of the deal take it.

HGH is a huge problem in all four sports and the NFL is the best example. There are so many injuries in the NFL and HGH is used to recover from those injuries. You are honestly fooling yourself if you think the Bills are all clean and the Pats and the rest of the NFL are dirty. There is so much money on the line you would almost be a fool to not take HGH.

Yeah it sucks that the game isn't clean but if not HGH they would just move on to something else. But any time you have big money on the line you have people who will do or take anything to get their hands on it. Than the rest of the league feels the need to keep up even more considering the fact that its is a direct contact sport.

Perfectly said. Get over it fellow Bills fans, the only thing worse than losing is crying about it publicly.

My favorites:

I just posted this link in another thread, but it is relevant here as well. It is Senator Specter's take on Bellicheat's cheating. He doesn't consider it minor, as a former prosecuting attorney. NE is lucky the NFL had much more to lose in credibility as a league by really punishing Bellicheat and the Patsies than by doing damage control and trying to minimize the impact of the scandal. Great for Bellicheat that Goodell destroyed all the evidence so no one else could see what was on it!!!!

http://specter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...ce-c020c9352199