Interesting article-behind scenes John Kerry

Pete

Edwards Campaigns for Veep. Hours after bowing out of the presidential nomination race on March 3, the senator from North Carolina convened a small circle of his closest advisers at his house on P Street in Georgetown. He wanted the veep nomination, Edwards told his aides, he wanted it badly, and from that moment was going to wage "a full-fledged campaign" to ensure that he got it.

Well, duh. The only reason Edwards ever tried to win the nomination was so that he'd get the VP nod eventually. The guy spent four years (sort of) in the Senate. He had exactly NO qualifications to be President, and I think he knew that. The guy makes me sick.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Assistant Managing Editor Evan Thomas in an exclusive report in Newsweek's special election issue. "He said with a sigh to one top staffer, 'I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot.'"

And we STILL can't believe it, John... what an f-ing DISASTER.

Kerry Anger Over Swift Boat Ads. By August, the attack of the Swift Boat veterans was getting to Kerry. He called adviser Tad Devine, who was prepping to appear on "Meet The Press" the next day: "It's a pack of f---ing lies, what they're saying about me," he fairly shouted over the phone. Kerry blamed his advisers for his predicament. (Cahill and Shrum argued responding to the ads would only dignify them.) He had wanted to fight back; they had counseled caution. Even Kerry's ex-wife, Julia Thorne, was very upset about the ads, she told daughter Vanessa. She could remember how Kerry had suffered in Vietnam; she had seen the scars on his body, heard him cry out at night in his nightmares. She was so agitated about the unfairness of the Swift Boat assault that she told Vanessa she was ready to break her silence, to speak out and personally answer the Swift Boat charges. She changed her mind only when she was reassured that the campaign was about to start fighting back hard.

We WANTED to see some sort of a REACTION, and of course we never really got it. He didn't play it to win; he played it not to screw up.

The guy spent four years (sort of) in the Senate.  He had exactly NO qualifications to be President, and I think he knew that.  The guy makes me sick.

102898[/snapback]

:D

Didn't you vote for a failure in business who managed to serve as a state governor?

What, pray tell, where his qualifications to be president? That he was in the same party as you? :wacko:

I'm not attacking you, just illustrating some inconsistencies in that statement. B)

And we STILL can't believe it, John... what an f-ing DISASTER.

102941[/snapback]

Herein lies one of the biggest reasons he lost. No matter what you think of Bush's intelligence, he's a much better manager of people than Mr. Micromanager and his Thorazine dripping wife. HIs vocal belief (in front of a major publication no less) that he is running against an idiot transcends to his people. And as it turns out, the Bushies wouldn't let it happen.

Dennis Miller said it right; people like Bush are successful because they surround themselves with intelligent people like a hole surrounds itself with a donut.

Kerry and his people just figured he's an idiot and should be able to beat him handily with little or no effort to develop a plan.

Who's the idiot here?????

:blink:

Didn't you vote for a failure in business who managed to serve as a state governor?

What, pray tell, where his qualifications to be president? That he was in the same party as you? :D

I'm not attacking you, just illustrating some inconsistencies in that statement. B)

102980[/snapback]

Being a Senator for four years and never voting isn't the same thing as being the Governor of a very large and very successful state.

Edwards is a smooth talking lawyer who got rich chasing ambulances and was working a pretty nice plan to find his way to the White House. I don't think there's a sincere bone in his body.