For everyone complaining about all the CBs drafted

We're moving Byrd to safety and Harris to OLB. 2 corners in a draft isn't ridiculous especially in the late rounds when you go after your top rated player left on the board. This was an incredibly successful draft. Some other things...we were trying hard to move up to 20th overall to get Pettigrew, we loved the guy that much. If Maybin wasn't available at 11, we were going to grab him there. The Lions said they'd do it if the one player they wanted was off the board. Turns out they had there eye on the tight end as well...Front office was enamored with Wood AKA Thurman Murman from Bad Santa and from all reports he should be a very good player in this league for years to come.

did anyone else notice the info on the 2 CB's taken in the 6th and 7th?

Cary Harris (CB)

Scouts have paid a lot of attention to Southern Cal, and that includes Harris, a two-time honorable mention All-Pac-10 selection. He lacks great size, athleticism and interception totals of many of this year's top cornerbacks, but is a tough, physical defender that some scouts feel is among the draft's most underrated at the position. Harris might fit best in the NFL in a zone scheme or even at free safety due to his instincts, toughness and reliable open-field tackling.

Ellis Lankster (DB)

A star at cornerback and on special teams at Jones County Junior College, Lankster earned second-team All-Big East honors in his first year as a starter for the Mountaineers. His 68 tackles, three interceptions and seven pass breakups showed scouts the kind of versatility they covet. One product of this Mobile product's hard work was an invitation home to play at the Senior Bowl. Depending on the defensive scheme, Lankster could find himself a home at corner or free safety in the NFL.

is it just me, or does anybody see the Bills trying to stock up and find depth at FS and not at CB..these two plus Buffalo's 2nd rounder Jairus Byrd, whom the Bills FO has allready stated will be playing FS, are all Tampa-2 style free safties...wonder wich players allready on the roster Buffalo is trying to dump?...course I could be reading to much into the info, and this might be something said about any non-star CB

did anyone else notice the info on the 2 CB's taken in the 6th and 7th?

Cary Harris (CB)

Scouts have paid a lot of attention to Southern Cal, and that includes Harris, a two-time honorable mention All-Pac-10 selection. He lacks great size, athleticism and interception totals of many of this year's top cornerbacks, but is a tough, physical defender that some scouts feel is among the draft's most underrated at the position. Harris might fit best in the NFL in a zone scheme or even at free safety due to his instincts, toughness and reliable open-field tackling.

Ellis Lankster (DB)

A star at cornerback and on special teams at Jones County Junior College, Lankster earned second-team All-Big East honors in his first year as a starter for the Mountaineers. His 68 tackles, three interceptions and seven pass breakups showed scouts the kind of versatility they covet. One product of this Mobile product's hard work was an invitation home to play at the Senior Bowl. Depending on the defensive scheme, Lankster could find himself a home at corner or free safety in the NFL.

is it just me, or does anybody see the Bills trying to stock up and find depth at FS and not at CB..these two plus Buffalo's 2nd rounder Jairus Byrd, whom the Bills FO has allready stated will be playing FS, are all Tampa-2 style free safties...wonder wich players allready on the roster Buffalo is trying to dump?...course I could be reading to much into the info, and this might be something said about any non-star CB

Wouldn't it be crazy to draft a Free Safety, who actually plays FS???

maybe not. as the best athletes on their respective college teams, they should have been playing corner. and as it turns out, some of them (including the 1st DB taken in the entire draft), project better as a safety.

LOL..yea I hear yea..but they might just be doing what Pioli and the Patriots always do...draft best player for scheme...these 2 guys might, and I use that word loosely, might have been the best talent for our Tampa-2, or whatever its called, defense.