Jairus Byrd

josh1985

Crappy video, Good moves, i believe we have a gamer and another possible return guy....ST player and starting FS?

I love the punt return possibilities, but the INT's he got in those videos were all the QB's faults...in fact, the one near the end zone would/might have been a TD if the QB didn't under-throw it..Byrd let the WR go right on by him as he sat at the goal-line...but that could very well have been his assignment...but he did have a nice little side step just at the right time...the 2nd INT was a way over-throw by the QB.

it does look as tho Parrish could have seen his last day in Buffalo with Byrd now on the team...hopefully Buffalo can get a 4th for him at least...maybe trade Parrish and Kelsay for a 3rd and 5th

Quote from another article.

Jairus Byrd, the son of former Chargers great corner Gil Byrd, might well be the classiest young men; I have come in contact with in all of my years in professional football. Very often when I or other members of the Rams scouting staff took the time to view some extra tape on a week end, it was not unusual to see Jairus and his dad studying game tapes and cutups. He really understood the game and even as a prep athlete, was working to improve his overall game. I was certainly impressed with his play this past season for the Ducks. He understands coverage’s, has the intelligence to make game time adjustments, showed excellent zone awareness and had good ball skills (I like the way he high pointed the football). His only negative in my opinion at the cornerback position was his lack of real speed (just not a race horse). In a cover two scheme he may well flourish, but for long range potential, I believe he would be better served to project inside. Teams play and punt return background is a real plus.

After reading more about him and realizing that he's projected as a safety, I've come around on the pick. He can fill a major area of need and I think that Ko Simpson or George Wilson will not make the team this coming season.