block the patriots

peanuts

I disagree. I think it's pretty stupid to let another team in your division dictate you who draft.

If you have to "counter" what the other team does, then you might as well just let them make your draft picks for you.

Here is my point if you can win the division then you can make the playoffs. Welost all divisional games last year; Wilfolk & Ferguson destroyed us for a toal of 4 games that is 25 % of the schedule. We need to buil dour OFF. line to handle the divisional opposition. Beside People draft left tackle because of LT. so it does make sense to follow the div. rivals..

I disagree. I think it's pretty stupid to let another team in your division dictate you who draft.

If you have to "counter" what the other team does, then you might as well just let them make your draft picks for you.

It's not about countering per se, it's about asking yourself what you have to do to win your division. That's goal number one. In the 80s, when Polian and company asked that question, the answer was "stop Marino and Miami's passing game." That was the sole reason we went balls to the wall to get Bennett and that tipped the scales permanently in our favor. It's the same now. What do we have to do to unseat NE? Well, we have to stop their passing game. Only it's more difficult because they run 75% of it from a mulitple WR spread formation. We need DBs and pressure off the edge to counter that.

GO BILLS!!!

It's not about countering per se, it's about asking yourself what you have to do to win your division. That's goal number one. In the 80s, when Polian and company asked that question, the answer was "stop Marino and Miami's passing game." That was the sole reason we went balls to the wall to get Bennett and that tipped the scales permanently in our favor. It's the same now. What do we have to do to unseat NE? Well, we have to stop their passing game. Only it's more difficult because they run 75% of it from a mulitple WR spread formation. We need DBs and pressure off the edge to counter that.

GO BILLS!!!

K-9 that is what I am talking about, take care of the division and the rest is icing on the cake..We need to kick the Patriots of the pedestal and watchoout for the Dolphin & Jets.... The Pat White pick wasn't Parcells like at all.

How do you know it isn't NE* reacting to our O-line picks? :huh:

We needed to improve the inside of the O-line for the run.

PTR

How do you know it isn't NE* reacting to our O-line picks? :huh:

We needed to improve the inside of the O-line for the run.

PTR

Believe me when I say that no-one in the Pats* organization even thinks of us as a competitive team, let alone "react" to our moves. Those Patsies* won't take us seriously until we beat their cheatin' asses by at least 20 points in a game. Hopefully that will be the Mon. night opener this year but I'm not exactly bettin' the house on it! :censored:

K-9 that is what I am talking about, take care of the division and the rest is icing on the cake..We need to kick the Patriots of the pedestal and watchoout for the Dolphin & Jets.... The Pat White pick wasn't Parcells like at all.

picking pat white in the second reminds me of the tedd ginn pick a few years back

I'll go as far to say that the Bills need to draft players, especially on offense, that are very capable of handling a 3-4 scheme. The Pats, Jets, and Dolphins all play it, and that's not about to change for any of the teams. But that's also a common theme amongst all 3 teams. Having a great passing game is not.

To the above poster that mentioned New England's passing attack and compared it to stopping Marino with Bennett, I don't buy that at all. You say they need to draft corners to combat NE's spread formation, but reference a pass rushing linebacker as an example. I don't get it.

Do the Steelers have great corners? Not really. The Giants didn't went they won the Super Bowl, neither did the Colts. Two of those 3 beat the Patriots to get there, the other beat the best WR tandem in the NFL in Boldin and Fitzgerald.

Build a good team. Don't look what other teams in your division have done. It's reactive and passive management if you do. If you're going to constantly react to moves other teams make, you're not going to develop strength that will make other teams fear you.

I guess that's just the way I feel. You don't take a defensive end or a corner in the first round if you're a sh------- team over another more talented DE or CB because they "fit your scheme better" either. I'm not saying they did that with McKelvin, but they might have with Maybin. Well, the team hasn't proven anything, the coach is (I guess) on the hot seat, and if they ever do what's necessary and make a regime change, you could be stuck trying to insert square pegs into round holes. Kind of like what happened when Gregg Williams arrived with his "defense that we had never seen before."

So, whatever. Build a good team. If you need a corner, take a corner. Don't take a corner and use the "oh sh--, New England has Moss, we need better DBs because of it" rationale. As great as Moss is, he's old and probably going to be on the decline very soon. Ted Ginn and Jericho Cotchery are nice players, but they're not really fearsome. Things change, the league is fluid. A team with a great passing attack for two years can be a power-running team two years later. You can't worry about that stuff. Just take care of your own team and, if you do it right, things will fall into place.

Sorry about the rant, I just really strongly disagree with the mentality of the first post.