Screw Need Take Playmakers

CJPearl2

I'd rather that a top player maker at #11 (WR, CB, S) than a need. Because none of these DEs get me excited. They all seems like tweeners that will take way too long to developer, if at all, in the pros.

If Crabtree or Maclin make it to #11 take him. Or take Jenkins to play at S.

The one need position I would take, however, is OT Smith if he falls. I think he will be the true OT stud out of this draft.

Does Ayers, Maybin, Orakpo (has Texas bust written all over him), or Everett do anything for anyone? Or are we high on them because we need a DE and people say these guys are the best?

I'd rather that a top player maker at #11 (WR, CB, S) than a need. Because none of these DEs get me excited. They all seems like tweeners that will take way too long to developer, if at all, in the pros.

The one need position I would take, however, is OT Smith if he falls. I think he will be the true OT stud out of this draft.

Does Ayers, Maybin, Orakpo (has Texas bust written all over him), or Everett do anything for anyone? Or are we high on them because we need a DE and people say these guys are the best?

First, which Smith? Jason or Andre? Second, whether or not people are getting "excited" about any of the DE's in this draft, we have other giant needs to fill if none of them seem to suit our needs. Say, Offensive Line, TE, DT, OLB. Any of those should be addressed before we take a WR, CB or S. If we want a WR so bad, we should trade our #42 for Boldin and be done with it. This draft should focus heavily on the DL and OL, and not much else. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and for the last three years, we've been losing that battle. We got better on D last year, but we still need a lot of help on both lines. This BPA stuff is just silly. TD did that for years here, and where did that get us?

I like the logic of it, but all those playmakers that you mention would not really do anything for us this year. We have too many WRs and we need a SS, not a FS/CB. I don't like the DE prospects that much either, so I would advocate the trade down and if it didn't work, I would hope they'd take an OT (Oher, Smith) or LB (Matthews, Cushing) or a TE (Pettigrew). The only players I really like at 11 are:

Raji

Currey

Any of the top 3 OTs

T. Jackson (maybe)

I agree, to an extent. The Bills' aren't so much lacking in talent as they are lacking in difference-makers. I wouldn't restrict that just to skill position players as you have, but the Bills desperately need this 11th overall pick to develop into a player who can take over a game. I'd prefer that they find a DE, OLB or DT who fits that description, but I am not at all averse to picking a WR, CB, or whatever, if they can bring big play ability to the table.

I doubt it happens at 11, though. If they take a flyer on a supposed non-need position, it'll probably happen at 28, especially if the Bills are satisfied with their OTs and essentially view it as a free 1st round pick.

I agree, to an extent. The Bills' aren't so much lacking in talent as they are lacking in difference-makers. I wouldn't restrict that just to skill position players as you have, but the Bills desperately need this 11th overall pick to develop into a player who can take over a game. I'd prefer that they find a DE, OLB or DT who fits that description, but I am not at all averse to picking a WR, CB, or whatever, if they can bring big play ability to the table.

I doubt it happens at 11, though. If they take a flyer on a supposed non-need position, it'll probably happen at 28, especially if the Bills are satisfied with their OTs and essentially view it as a free 1st round pick.

I maintain that early picks concentrate on athletic playmakers - speed at the edges so DE (Jackson/Orakpo?) and OLB (Mathews/Cushing?) fits here ... just who is the problem. Later rounds OT's (Vollmer?) and maybe even a TE (Coffman?) can be had. The draft is a dangerous games as it amounts to one big poker table of 32 players ....

I just said the same sort of thing in another post. However, I would disagree with you about taking a CB or Safety high in the draft.

Pacman Jones, Roy Williams are classic examples of big time bust.

I also can't see taking a WR that high. The trend for that is for WR to drop.

However, I see your point about high impact and you can't do that with an OT.

Dick Jauron, is that you?

PS If you think OTs and DEs arent "playmakers" then you need to watch more football games, less sportscenter.

Dick Jauron, is that you?

PS If you think OTs and DEs arent "playmakers" then you need to watch more football games, less sportscenter.

Andre Smith.

And I don't mean OT and De aren't playmakes, well by definition OT is not, but I don't see these DEs as playmakers.