To the 41.9% of eligible voters in America

nobody

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I think we can all agree - those are the real idiots.

(not including the infirm, etc. who could not vote)

99523[/snapback]

I agree, and they should shut up and not complain for the next four years. At least those who voted for Kerry should be heard and represented.

That 42% of eligibles don't vote may be salutory.

...considering that an alarmingly large number of Americans can't even name one of their Senators, much less any State or local folks, and untold numbers with a year's notice can't figure out how to register to vote, where to go to vote and then take offense at having to take 1 hour out of one day out of one year to actually accomplish the deed and then blame anyone and anything for their own failure. :)

That 42% of eligibles don't vote may be salutory.

...considering that an alarmingly large number of Americans can't even name one of their Senators, much less any State or local folks, and untold numbers with a year's notice can't figure out how to register to vote, where to go to vote and then take offense at having to take 1 hour out of one day out of one year to actually accomplish the deed and them blame anyone and anything for their own failure. ;)

99575[/snapback]

Exactly, I'd rather not have idiots vote.

:)

Agreed.  If you did not vote and were eligible and able, you can't complain.

99547[/snapback]

But what if you wanted to vote but did not because you were intimidated, or disinfranchised?? I mean there was just so much of this going on, I am sure that there must be plenty of such people.

Let's look at it another way:

"None of the Above":  41.9%

George W. Bush:  30%

John F. Kerry:  28%

Tells you what the choices really were.

99660[/snapback]

WRONGO !!!

Statistically, once your population sample size reaches a certain number, it correctly predicts the final outcome +/- some error tolerance and will not be that far off from the percentages determined from a sufficiently large enough subset of the entire population. However, there could be more variances than one might expect in the final electoral college counts. But, they would not be significant. This only works if the subset population accurately reflects the same characteristics as the total population. This would not work if for example you excluded ALL city dwellers, or all blacks, or all women, etc.

Also, this was NOT a choice between the lesser of two evils or even a choice between just two people because you have to account for the fact that Kerry did win a "runoff" against more than 10 others and even those 10 had to be selected from a larger number of potential candidates. And GWB had to do the same in 2000.