I met Tom Modrak at LAX

Many years back I was on a plane across the aisle from Ted Cottrell. I talked 5 minutes of Bills football with him. Then it kind of dawned on me how would I feel if someone on a plane just wanted to talk "shop" to me. Like "So Mark, so how is that just-in-time inventory philosophy going?". I'd be like BITE ME!!!

So next time I see you on a plane I'll make sure not to ask you what's really in a McNugget.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met and talked with some NFL people.

I have met famous people in airports.

Your post is consistiant with experiences I have had.

I believe that you met and talked with Modrak.

All of these guys getting text messeges from sources deep within. They are liars and narcissists.

So all the famous people you met in airports were on TSW as well? ... That's the part of the story I don't believe. Why would Modrak even come on this site - he wants Sopranos' draft secrets???

Actually, that makes me MORE likely to believe the rest of the story. Just sayin'.

Actually I'm pretty convinced that Whitner's facebook status thingie was a direct response to Dawgg's haterade.

So all the famous people you met in airports were on TSW as well? ... That's the part of the story I don't believe. Why would Modrak even come on this site - he wants Sopranos' draft secrets???
I don't doubt that some FO guys take a look at various message boards. Customer feedback is possibly the most important tool in business. Where are you going to get a better look at what people think of your product?

[/u]I don't doubt that some FO guys take a look at various message boards. Customer feedback is possibly the most important tool in business. Where are you going to get a better look at what people think of your product?

I don't think the front office really cares what we think. Nobody consulted me on playing games in Toronto, especially the freaking Dolphins games and I've been buying tickets from Ralph for 20 years.

It is not just a message board, it is a stopping point for all Bills related news, national and local, on the front page.

I don't doubt that some FO guys take a look at various message boards. Customer feedback is possibly the most important tool in business. Where are you going to get a better look at what people think of your product?

Fan boards are not representative of average fan - most fans do not spend so much time sniffing individual players jock straps and are far less rabid.

It is not just a message board, it is a stopping point for all Bills related news, national and local, on the front page.

Precisely. As I said in a previous post, Modrak's coworker was flipping through various Bills websites- I looked up and he was on TBD front page, then clicked onto TSW, gave it a glance, and moved on to another NFL website. I'm not claiming that they were scouring posts or even really cared that much about what was being said on TSW.

I don't think the front office really cares what we think. Nobody consulted me on playing games in Toronto, especially the freaking Dolphins games and I've been buying tickets from Ralph for 20 years.

I didn't say they listen. Their are many loyal fans like yourself and in Buffalo you can't learn alot from ticket sales, IMO. We still support the team, even if the team doesn't support us. I still think they are interested in doing enough to make money at least.

No, none of them were looking at TSW.

I have never talked with anyone (famous or not) who has admitted to looking at TSW.

USC's pro-day was 4 days after the rumor about Wilson.

They were probably laughing at the kind of idiots we are.

FWIW, what do you do when you are sitting in the airport waiting for a flight?

I bust out my laptop and surf the web, why can't a scout.

No, none of them were looking at TSW.

I have never talked with anyone (famous or not) who has admitted to looking at TSW.

It's not something you admit to. :blink: