Niagara Falls?

The main point of locating a potential new stadium in Niagara Falls is this...

Put the damn thing as close to Toronto as possible without having the team move there. Tap into their population and corporate base. The tourist and potential economic benefits to Niagara Falls are secondary in my opinion. Stadiums in Lancaster, ECC or Waterfront miss the main point that we need to tap into Toronoto without having to play any more games there or relocate there.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the damn thing as close to Toronto as possible without having the team move there. Tap into their population and corporate base. The tourist and potential economic benefits to Niagara Falls are secondary in my opinion. Stadiums in Lancaster, ECC or Waterfront miss the main point that we need to tap into Toronoto without having to play any more games there or relocate there.

Moving the team 10 or 15 miles closer to Toronto, yet still across the border from that city, is tantamount to not moving it at all, as far as that market is concerned. Why bother, if that's the reason? If the reason is to tap into a regional WNY plan, cool; move the team. But you're not going to attract more Toronto fans by moving the team to the Falls.

If it will keep the team in western New York I am all for it!

Moving the team 10 or 15 miles closer to Toronto, yet still across the border from that city, is tantamount to not moving it at all, as far as that market is concerned. Why bother, if that's the reason? If the reason is to tap into a regional WNY plan, cool; move the team. But you're not going to attract more Toronto fans by moving the team to the Falls.

As far as corporate sponsorships and the sale of boxes goes, you are probably right. As far as attracting Canadian fans from NF, St Catherines, Hamilton, Burlington etc, it might help a little.

But, you can't forget the US fans you might lose, from east of Orchard Park, with a move like that.

As much as I'd love to see the stadium in the Falls, as I think it might be the first step to help the retched town of my birth, it doesn't make much sense, from the Bills' perspective.

Forgetting what it might do to help revitalize a city (NF or Buffalo), Orchard Park really is a great place for the stadium, IMO. The traffic flow is outstanding for an NFL stadium, and it is accessible to Rochester and Toronto. Downtown stadiums make a lot of sense in bigger cities, where most of the fans come from a smaller area. That just isn't the case for a regional team, like the Bills. IMO, of course.

Niagara Falls is 45 minutes without traffic closer to Toronto than Orchard Park. With Bills game Traffic, add and hour at least.

Niagara Falls is 45 minutes without traffic closer to Toronto than Orchard Park. With Bills game Traffic, add and hour at least.

The Rainbow Bridge could take 45 minutes extra, to traverse, by itself, with the right amount of traffic. Of course, there is the option of the Lewiston-Queenston bridge, but that seems to get backed up at the drop of a hat, too (I think mostly due to commercial traffic, but I am not certain). The Peace Bridge is best able to handle large amounts of traffic, right now. And just think, when the new Peace Bridge is built.... :nana::lol::thumbsup: ...sorry, I can't go any further without throwing up, just a little.

Guest dog14787
As far as corporate sponsorships and the sale of boxes goes, you are probably right. As far as attracting Canadian fans from NF, St Catherines, Hamilton, Burlington etc, it might help a little.

But, you can't forget the US fans you might lose, from east of Orchard Park, with a move like that.

As much as I'd love to see the stadium in the Falls, as I think it might be the first step to help the retched town of my birth, it doesn't make much sense, from the Bills' perspective.

Forgetting what it might do to help revitalize a city (NF or Buffalo), Orchard Park really is a great place for the stadium, IMO. The traffic flow is outstanding for an NFL stadium, and it is accessible to Rochester and Toronto. Downtown stadiums make a lot of sense in bigger cities, where most of the fans come from a smaller area. That just isn't the case for a regional team, like the Bills. IMO, of course.

I think your town of birth is a special place and deserves a better fate and although building a stadium there may be just a pipe dream, I'll bet you would be thrilled if that dream ever came true.

Its an awesome idea and it would probably mean a Dome :nana:

I think your town of birth is a special place and deserves a better fate and although building a stadium there may be just a pipe dream, I'll bet you would be thrilled if that dream ever came true.

I think its an awesome idea and it would probably mean a Dome :nana:

I would be thrilled for Niagara Falls. But, Niagara Falls isn't the concern of the Bills and the NFL, and there are few good reasons to relocate there.

A dome is the beginning of the end for me, as a Bills' fan. Domes suck. They are for pus$y fans and pus$y teams. They take away the home-field advantage the Bills should be built to exploit, every year. I seriously hoped the NFL would outlaw artificial turf, as a step toward getting rid of domes, altogether. Of course, that isn't going to happen.

If I want to watch football played inside, there is always the Arena League (maybe).

Canadians would be able to WALK across the Rainbow Bridge!!!

The Goat Island Mock up was funny, but on a serious note.

Plop the stadium between Rainbow Blvd and 6th St E/W. and from Ferry and Niagara N/S. It should fit nicely there.

You may have to zoom this link, but this is my vision.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navcl...=1&ct=title

Canadians would be able to WALK across the Rainbow Bridge!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navcl...=1&ct=title

I know you aren't serious about that, but others have said the same thing.

You see where you are likely going to have to park, near the Falls in NF, Ontario, and you walk to the bridge, across the bridge and to wherever the stadium is located...when the weather is below 30 and the winds are whipping. Yes, that is a terrific plan.

I hate to say it, but if Niagara Falls were going to improve, it would have already. The American side has been a dump for decades and I just can't see how pouring money into a continually non-visionary city government makes a lot of sense.

That also assumes we'll ever get the chance for such an option. The "LA option" is the compelling issue.

I hate to say it, but if Niagara Falls were going to improve, it would have already. The American side has been a dump for decades and I just can't see how pouring money into a continually non-visionary city government makes a lot of sense.

That also assumes we'll ever get the chance for such an option. The "LA option" is the compelling issue.

I prefer the "Orchard Park" option.

I know you aren't serious about that, but others have said the same thing.

You see where you are likely going to have to park, near the Falls in NF, Ontario, and you walk to the bridge, across the bridge and to wherever the stadium is located...when the weather is below 30 and the winds are whipping. Yes, that is a terrific plan.

I am actually very serious about that. In a few years NF Ont will have a tram that takes tourists all over NF. I have walked across the Rainbow on several occasions, yes it would be cold and a bit windy, but not any worse than walking down Abbott Rd with the winds coming off of Lake Erie. I can also envision people crossing the Peace Bridge, driving to NF Ont and walking across to avoid traffic. Maybe some improvements could be made to the Rainbow bridge pedestrian walk. I am a big thinker I know, something WNY needs and could use. Maybe I should run for office... Oh wait, I am not crooked.

The Bills are more likely to move to NF than LA, IMO.

But, as to the Falls, it has to, and will improve, at some point, IMO. A city that close to the Falls, and the great success of NF Ontario, can't continue to be a ghost town forever. But, I agree it's going to take something very big, and very unusual to get it done. The small-thinking, stupid, corrupt types, who always seem to get into office, sure aren't the answer.

Guest dog14787
I would be thrilled for Niagara Falls. But, Niagara Falls isn't the concern of the Bills and the NFL, and there are few good reasons to relocate there.

A dome is the beginning of the end for me, as a Bills' fan. Domes suck. They are for pus$y fans and pus$y teams. They take away the home-field advantage the Bills should be built to exploit, every year. I seriously hoped the NFL would outlaw artificial turf, as a step toward getting rid of domes, altogether. Of course, that isn't going to happen.

If I want to watch football played inside, there is always the Arena League (maybe).

I know how allot of you guys feel about playing in the elements and sticking to tradition and I can respect that, I just don't know if its the best thing for everyone concerned.

Bad weather makes it hard on parents trying to take their kids to a ball game and I also don't think its good for the athletes. Keeping them in a more controlled environment means less injuries, better overall play and probably happier players.

And while I am at it. Expand the Metro-Rail with exhisting above ground tracks from downtown Buffalo to NF. Have a train go from the Airport to Downtown Buffalo. Have the current subway extend to UB Amherst. Have a Hub by HSBC arena. This would allow the Buffalo Airport to be a bigger hub for NF tourism. This would also help with the traffic problems with a new proposed stadium.

Our Goveneur is already proposing High Speed rail from Buffalo to NYC. This above plan would help those in Roch, Syr, Albany and NYC to get to games via train.

Hey, If our current president can piss away money and dream, why can't we?

Guest dog14787
And while I am at it. Expand the Metro-Rail with exhisting above ground tracks from downtown Buffalo to NF. Have a train go from the Airport to Downtown Buffalo. Have the current subway extend to UB Amherst. Have a Hub by HSBC arena. This would allow the Buffalo Airport to be a bigger hub for NF tourism. This would also help with the traffic problems with a new proposed stadium.

Our Goveneur is already proposing High Speed rail from Buffalo to NYC. This above plan would help those in Roch, Syr, Albany and NYC to get to games via train.

Hey, If our current president can piss away money and dream, why can't we?

Americans are highly noted for their ability to piss away money and I for one am very proud of how quickly President Obama reached the same conclusion and decided if someones going to piss away all the money it might as well to be him. :nana: