The Bills MUST take action on this no-show for workouts

Don't worry he missed most of the regular season last year with a permanent case of Brain Freeze. His absence won't effect the Bills in '09.

Yes, the press buzz is true.

Dick Jauron is apparently a no-show for these "voluntary" off-season workouts.

I know they are allegedly "voluntary". I know that there are those who would make a claim that he is just a coach and working out is not a necessity. However, like a player who has a solid rep for always being in good physical condition even without a voluntary workout, a good teamer would set the tone by being here for a workout. Jauron needs to set a tone that these workouts are important because if he is not there then clearly these workouts must be truly voluntary.

I think the Bills should definitely get their panties all up in a wad over this no show. Sure, he has a good excuse as he is at the pre-planned NFL meetings, but would we accept a recently acquired player also missing this voluntary workout merely because he had already committed to be elsewhere when he was not even on the team?

I definitely think we should freak out mindlessly about a no-show at the voluntary workouts

While you're at it cut Lynch, Jackson, Evans, McKelvin, Youboty, Parrish, Witner, Stroud, and Schoebel (SP)....after all, they weren't there either! :thumbsup:

Is Peters in camp? Or you just considered him not part of the team already?

After reading some of the replies to this, it makes me wonder why I signed up for this. Is it really that hard to sense sarcasm??

Who would have imagined there would be a bunch of numb nuts that make make clueless posts on the internet?

Yes, the press buzz is true.

Dick Jauron is apparently a no-show for these "voluntary" off-season workouts.

I know they are allegedly "voluntary". I know that there are those who would make a claim that he is just a coach and working out is not a necessity. However, like a player who has a solid rep for always being in good physical condition even without a voluntary workout, a good teamer would set the tone by being here for a workout. Jauron needs to set a tone that these workouts are important because if he is not there then clearly these workouts must be truly voluntary.

I think the Bills should definitely get their panties all up in a wad over this no show. Sure, he has a good excuse as he is at the pre-planned NFL meetings, but would we accept a recently acquired player also missing this voluntary workout merely because he had already committed to be elsewhere when he was not even on the team?

I definitely think we should freak out mindlessly about a no-show at the voluntary workouts

I am pretty calm on most of the Tom Foolery on this board....but I am here to tell ya that this is one of the dumbest posts I have read yet. What is Jauron gonna do, spot Edwards on the freakin bench press? Why dont you call your dr. and ask him for a big fat prescription of Zoloft. Who really gives a flyin poo if Dick was there or not! We need to be talking about relevant topics such as the draft, FA's, Salary Cap, Toront, etc....NOt if a coach or some players were at involuntary workouts. Most of the players have been working out a long time and I am sure they know there way around a weight room without the Bills telling them. CALM DOWN

Yes, Dazed's original post is a farce. But this would be a good time to lend some perspective on the voluntary workouts which are governed by the collective bargaining agreement between the players and management.

Here are some fun facts:

Coach Jauron is in California for the owners' meetings.

According to Chris Brown and Mark Gaughan, approximately 40 Bills are present for the workouts.

According to Bob DiCesare who was in the field house, he counted 30 players. More might have been in the weight room, who knows?

There are currently 60 players on the Bills roster.

So approximately two-thirds of the team is present.

And yes, Chris Kelsay is one of those present. Gotta love the guy's work ethic.

Yes, Dazed's original post is a farce. But this would be a good time to lend some perspective on the voluntary workouts which are governed by the collective bargaining agreement between the players and management.

Here are some fun facts:

Coach Jauron is in California for the owners' meetings.

According to Chris Brown and Mark Gaughan, approximately 40 Bills are present for the workouts.

According to Bob DiCesare who was in the field house, he counted 30 players. More might have been in the weight room, who knows?

There are currently 60 players on the Bills roster.

So approximately two-thirds of the team is present.

And yes, Chris Kelsay is one of those present. Gotta love the guy's work ethic.

When you suck like kelsay your forced to have a good work ethic. He is hangin on by a thread.

Stop the MADNESS! :thumbsup:

This is humor!! A spin on the idiotic press about T.O. not being at these voluntary workouts due to previous obligations!

Wow!

P.S. Jauron should be fined for his absence! :thumbdown:

When there is so much irrelevant talk on this board sometimes it can be hard to truly determine if its sarcasm or stupidity

Voluntary -adjective-

Pronunciation: \ˈvä-lən-ˌter-ē\ (vol·un·tary)

1. proceeding from the will or from one's own choice or consent

2. having power of free choice

3. Who cares if they show up

Veterans don't have to show...Schobel not there...Stroud not there...Even if Dick isnt there...

Every coach is in California Dummy

Voluntary -adjective-

Pronunciation: \ˈvä-lən-ˌter-ē\ (vol·un·tary)

1. proceeding from the will or from one's own choice or consent

2. having power of free choice

3. Who cares if they show up

Veterans don't have to show...Schobel not there...Stroud not there...Even if Dick isnt there...

Every coach is in California Dummy

Priceless!!!!

Stop the MADNESS! :thumbsup:

This is humor!! A spin on the idiotic press about T.O. not being at these voluntary workouts due to previous obligations!

Wow!

P.S. Jauron should be fined for his absence! :thumbdown:

Two things.

First of all 99% (I hope it's this high) realize that the OP was a joke. So 1% of the ensuing discussion is for those who actually think that there is something wrong with players not showing up for these workouts...and believe me these people do exist.

Secondly upon acknowledging the joke, there's still some constructive conversation that springs from the OP. I for one think it's interesting to note what percentage of the team roster (66%) is here and also which individuals happen to be (Kelsay), or not be (Owens), present.

I don't judge those players by their attendance but it's interesting to add to their histories.