Can't tackle a QB by the legs now

Fingon

The tape shows he was engaged, on the ground, and then clearly lunged directly at Brady's leg below the knee. He was not "pushed" into Brady.

Genius, the issue isn't being pushed into Brady, it's being pushed into his knees. And whether you can process it or not, Morris impacted Pollard's trajectory. How much, no one can say for sure, but Morris clearly re-engages Pollard, and thus there was no penalty called on the play.

Now the play will be subject to a penalty because, well, you just cannot lunge after a QB after getting knocked down. Makes about as much sense as a QB needing to "tuck" the ball after a pass attempt.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tape shows he was engaged, on the ground, and then clearly lunged directly at Brady's leg below the knee. He was not "pushed" into Brady.

Read Jeff Fisher's response at to why it will be illegal.

Hey, does Jeff Fisher work for the Pats or is he simply brainwashed along with all of the other non-Pats on the rules committee? I think there needs to be an investigation into this---you know, how Kraft gets all the other owners and committees to do his bidding.

Huge scandal.

You can deny he was re-engaged as he lunged, but it looks fairly clear to me. I'm not saying he was pushed into Brady, as I don't believe he was. He got there under his own power.

But, this idea that "lunging" is somehow bad, is stupid IMO. He didn't lunge and swing an arm at Brady's leg, in any apparent attempt to injure (as Wilfork did to JP), he lunged to make a freakin' TACKLE. You know, the way football players do.