Maybe not Cutler and T.O. was fun and all

Maybe i'm just not all that patient. But I just don't understand the hold up. The way I see it, we need the following things:

Backup RB

Starting LG

Starting TE

Either a Starting DE or DT

Starting OLB

Starting SS

Now, we'll obviously fill the RB spot with a veteran and there's still some decent ones out there. As is Warrick Dunn, Deuce McCallister, and Ahman Green. Also, we brought in DeShaun Foster and he's still available.

Our LG position is interesting. Perhaps we already filled the need with Hangartner. If that's the case, then we need a Center. Either way, Kendall Simmons is still out there. As is Mike Goff, who is far and away the best OG on the market, in my opinion.

Our starting TE will most likely have to be drafted. There is no one out there that would be an upgrade over what we have (one could argue L.J. Smith, maybe). My favorite is Jared Cook, but I doubt he'll be there when we pick in Round 2. The draft is deep enough at TE that we could possibly grab one in the 3rd that could be our starter for the foreseeable future. The only option we really have at TE outside of drafting one would be a trade for Tony Scheffler.

I think it's become painfully obvious that our 1st pick will be used to take a pass rusher. So no need to worry there.

The OLB need is what really pisses me off. There's a handful of good ones available and we aren't doing anything. In my opinion, Freddy Kaiho, Cato June, and Marcus Washington are all better prospects than Crowell. Are we waiting on his decision? Why haven't we made a play at any of them?

The Safety situation also makes me rip my hair out. Bryan Scott/Ko "Worth Millions" Simpson don't cut it alongside Whitner, and one could argue that even Whitner is simply average. Yet we sat and watched Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones, Brian Dawkins, and Gibril Wilson all get swooped up!

Basically, what i'm saying, is what the hell are we waiting for? There's still quality players out there at positions of need. We have money.

What the fudge is the holdup?!

We need a backup RB? What?

Also, don't be surprised to see your "Freddy Kaiho, Cato June, and Marcus Washington" decision after we make the Crowell decision or after the draft altogether. No other team is leaping on these players and they aren't going anywhere until the draft is over and teams can further evaluate their needs. There is no need overpaying a Cato June if in the second round a very good OLB prospect falls into your lap.

According to Dick Jauron's presser and us bringing in Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, and DeShaun Foster.

Define the word Need. Seriously bro, you're ripping on people for going crazy over the possibility of a starting QB and you kick off your need list with a 3rd string RB.

Define the word Need. Seriously bro, you're ripping on people for going crazy over the possibility of a starting QB and you kick off your need list with a 3rd string RB.

The list is in no order of importance.

I have no problem with everyone getting excited about the Cutler possibility (as minimal as it is). But why aren't we getting ANYTHING done?

Hell, we haven't even had a visit since T.O.