Any Crowell news?

If Bucs sign Crowell to a one or two year contract, do the Bills get a compensation pick? If so, would you rather have Keiaho and a 6th round 2010 compensation pick or Crowell? Either way works for me?

Scratch that, any comp pick would get negated assuming we sign a replacement FA to a comperable contract.

Crowell is very average IMO. Better than Ellison, yes, but a difference maker no. I wouldn't be upset if he resigned with us, because like many have pointed out he'd be an upgrade over Ellison. That being said, the lasting memory I have of Crowell was him playing terribly vs. the Jaguars in the 07 season. I remember watching the film on NFL.com of Fred Taylor's long TD run in which Crowell took a terrible angle and was pretty much responsible for the big play. That was always the problem I had with him, he's just a little too stiff for a LB and often looked lost when he was one on one out in space. There must also be some serious question over his injuries, if he still has not received one offer.

Angles and overpursuit has always been his weakness, and I think it is a fair concern regarding the injuries and why no one else has stepped to the plate to sign him. Having said that, I think he is better than average, and with a little more discipline and coaching, I think that can be rectified. Concerning his injury, I guess no one really knows and that is a risk that someone will have to take. This is why he probably is only being offered a 1 year contract. Maybe, Im just speculating

:lol:

You obviously have forgotten about eddie robinson.

:(:lol::wallbash: Thanks a lot, I FINALLY forgot about Eddie Robinson & you have to remind me? It reminds me of the time I ran into the best friend of a LONG FORGOTTEN girlfriend that BROKE my heart & she said "I told Nancy it was WRONG to do that to you" :wallbash: Old wounds are easily reopened. :wallbash: