T.O. Vs Evans, it'll never happen

whycali

Does anybody really believe that T.O. and his 5 catches per game over his career is going to somehow take away from Lee Evans Stellar 3.7 catches per game? The only effect of T.O. bringing his ego to Buffalo is that the team will now have 1 total ego (apologies to Jason Peters).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody really believe that T.O. and his 5 catches per game over his career is going to somehow take away from Lee Evans Stellar 3.7 catches per game? The only effect of T.O. bringing his ego to Buffalo is that the team will now have 1 total ego (apologies to Jason Peters).

:thumbsup:

Not too bad, whycali.

TO will be our #1 option. He's simply better than Evans in just about every category as a WR, with the exception of drops. He runs over the middle, beats single and double teams consistently, and has break-away speed for TDs.

I still think he's awesome for 1 year. I want to see Steve Johnson step up, and honestly we needed a #1 receiver. Lee is not a #1, he's a better version of Devery Henderson.

TO will be our #1 option. He's simply better than Evans in just about every category as a WR, with the exception of drops. He runs over the middle, beats single and double teams consistently, and has break-away speed for TDs.

I still think he's awesome for 1 year. I want to see Steve Johnson step up, and honestly we needed a #1 receiver. Lee is not a #1, he's a better version of Devery Henderson.

It's hard for Evans to play like a #1 when he was the only legitimate deep threat and smothered on

every

single

play.

Johnson seems to have the potential to step up, but he's not going to get a lot of stepping room with TO on the field. In fact, he will almost certainly see less playing time, not more.

This is going to be interesting. On paper, Evans should finally have single coverage instead of double. He hasn't had that luxury in a while.

Will the ball be going to the guy who gets open, or to the guy who gets all the media attention? This will be interesting.....

lol. wow

It's hard for Evans to play like a #1 when he was the only legitimate deep threat and smothered on

every

single

play.

Johnson seems to have the potential to step up, but he's not going to get a lot of stepping room with TO on the field. In fact, he will almost certainly see less playing time, not more.

This is going to be interesting. On paper, Evans should finally have single coverage instead of double. He hasn't had that luxury in a while.

Will the ball be going to the guy who gets open, or to the guy who gets all the media attention? This will be interesting.....

So what you are saying is that you think a late round draft pick (Johnson 22 years old) deserves a chance to maybe develop while we rot in the AFC cellar for a couple more years rather than make a move that helps now? I will go out on a limb and say that Owens at 35 will have a better season this year than any two Johnson ever has combined.

On paper there is no way Evans draws a single double coverage.

So what you are saying is that you think a late round draft pick (Johnson 22 years old) deserves a chance to maybe develop while we rot in the AFC cellar for a couple more years rather than make a move that helps now? I will go out on a limb and say that Owens at 35 will have a better season this year than any two Johnson ever has combined.

On paper there is no way Evans draws a single double coverage.

I said no such thing. I said that with TO in the lineup, Steve Johnson is likely to get less playing time than he did this past season. The Bills are not going to grab TO and put Johnson on the field so he can develop. That's what is called a foregone conclusion.

Evans is not going to be doubled every single play next season, the way he was all last season.

Clear?

I said no such thing. I said that with TO in the lineup, Steve Johnson is likely to get less playing time than he did this past season. The Bills are not going to grab TO and put Johnson on the field so he can develop. That's what is called a foregone conclusion.

Evans is not going to be doubled every single play next season, the way he was all last season.

Clear?

I am fairly certain that the 4th receiver has job security. The odd man out in my mind is Roscoe Parrish. Who would you field as the 3rd wideout? Parrish or Josh Reed?

As I said earlier nobody in the league will double Evans with a future HOF wr on the other side.

every

single

play.

Evans was single covered both games with the Dolphins, and their CB was on him really tight. Evans is more of a guy who can burst 10-50 yards and get separation more than a guy who just gets separation through route running. He's a 1/3rd of the field type player who doesn't go over the middle. That makes him easy to defend. It's not so much double coverage, Steve Smith gets through it all the time, it's the difference between making the D play you rather than being predictable. Evans is predictable.

I don't think Johnson will play much with T.O, but he can be a good #3 in place of Reed if he steps us. If he can get 30 catches or so I consider that a good upgrade and I think he'll do better than that because of Reed's injury history. I think the guy who benefits the most is Reed who is great in soft coverage up the middle.

Now if Evans wasn't going to short-arm slants and play physical I would say he might see a huge improvement, but he's not a #1. Go watch Devery Henderson and you'll see Lee Evans, except Lee has much better hands is more reliable.

Evans was single covered both games with the Dolphins, and their CB was on him really tight. Evans is more of a guy who can burst 10-50 yards and get separation more than a guy who just gets separation through route running. He's a 1/3rd of the field type player who doesn't go over the middle. That makes him easy to defend. It's not so much double coverage, Steve Smith gets through it all the time, it's the difference between making the D play you rather than being predictable. Evans is predictable.

I don't think Johnson will play much with T.O, but he can be a good #3 in place of Reed if he steps us. If he can get 30 catches or so I consider that a good upgrade and I think he'll do better than that because of Reed's injury history. I think the guy who benefits the most is Reed who is great in soft coverage up the middle.

Now if Evans wasn't going to short-arm slants and play physical I would say he might see a huge improvement, but he's not a #1. Go watch Devery Henderson and you'll see Lee Evans, except Lee has much better hands is more reliable.

Gotta say though, if James Hardy had half of Evans tenacity on a jump ball we dont even think about signing T.O.

I am fairly certain that the 4th receiver has job security. The odd man out in my mind is Roscoe Parrish. Who would you field as the 3rd wideout? Parrish or Josh Reed?

As I said earlier nobody in the league will double Evans with a future HOF wr on the other side.

Unless they trade him, for some value, Parrish's job is probably quite safe, as he is the best PR returner in the league. The issue may just take care of itself, if Hardy isn't ready to go, at the beginning of the year.

Reed is in no trouble, whatsoever, either.

Gotta say though, if James Hardy had half of Evans tenacity on a jump ball we dont even think about signing T.O.

Again, Hardy is injured, and not likely to be ready, at the start of the season. I think they get TO, either way.

Again, Hardy is injured, and not likely to be ready, at the start of the season. I think they get TO, either way.

The assumed tenacity just as much a fantasy as his healthy speedy recovery. If I can wish him skill, I can wish him well.

I think Roscoe is going to play fourth until he proves he can't hack it. If he is having a solid year, I don't think that Johnson sees much time on the field at tall. I see Hardy getting time in goal line situations for the height and the mismatches he can create when healthy along with TO and Evans. Reed should have a monster year.

And as with every prognostication, I think it is too soon to say whether or not Johnson will ever have a year in his career like those that TO has had. The guy was a rookie last season who got most of his time playing at the end of the season. Let's see what he does when he can play a full season before predicting things concerning his performance.