[closed]Covert Philly / Peters trade plan..........

SKOOBY

We can package our 11th pick w/ Philly's 28th pick and move up to draft 4th (660 + 1250 = 1910) or so :

Draft value chart:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

I think with the 4th pick and the 21st pick we could get some immediate help and cut bait with this J.O. Peters.

If they don't want to pay Peters the kind of money he is after what makes you think they would want to move into the top five slot and pay the insane money that goes along with those contracts. I think Jason Smith will go #2 to the Rams and Monroe will be quick to go after that. Don't think I would wanna move up if I were the Bills IMHO.

We can package our 11th pick w/ Philly's 28th pick and move up to draft 4th (660 + 1250 = 1910) or so :

Draft value chart:

I think with the 4th pick and the 21st pick we could get some immediate help and cut bait with this J.O. Peters.

Yeah and with the 4th pick we get someone of Mike Williams quality. The desire of some folks to trade proven vet performers for draft crapshoot players is quite incredible.

Yeah and with the 4th pick we get someone of Mike Williams quality. The desire of some folks to trade proven vet performers for draft crapshoot players is quite incredible.

Don't you understand???

Rounds 1-3 provide instant starters.....top 10 picks instant pro-bowlers......and top 5 picks HOFer level players.

It's a simple system which is the staple of many fans fantasies. :thumbsup:

Draft value chart:

I'm not sure Skooby but I think you're saying we would trade Jason Peters for Philly's pick (#28) and then use our pick at #11 and the pick at #28 to trade up to #4 and select an offensive tackle. Is this correct?

If this is what you're proposing, it makes no sense for three reasons.

Firstly, why would we use two first round draft picks to replace one player?

Secondly, Jake Long is the highest paid tackle in the NFL by virtue of being the first overall selection last year. If we were to draft a tackle at #4, we'd be paying him virtually as much as Jason Peters wants to be paid. There would be no money savings in this scenario.

Thirdly, why would we trade a known quantity for someone who is unproven?

Peters is working out real well lately, he played mediocre last season and likes to holdout, let's pay him $100 M like he wants and in 2 years he'll holdout again looking for $150 M.

Dont you understand? Dean just likes to hear himself talk... Dean is overated... He sits and watches this board to just make negetive comments about peoples ideas but NEVER has anything of value to say...

Dont you understand? Dean just likes to hear himself talk

Right. I'm the guy who starts untold numbers of meaningless threads. Perhaps you, and Skooby, didn't notice there was a Peter's trade thread in full-force, already in progress.

I know Skooby's too stupid to notice, or care. Apparently, so are you.

I'm not sure Skooby but I think you're saying we would trade Jason Peters for Philly's pick (#28) and then use our pick at #11 and the pick at #28 to trade up to #4 and select an offensive tackle. Is this correct?

If this is what you're proposing, it makes no sense for three reasons.

Firstly, why would we use two first round draft picks to replace one player?

Secondly, Jake Long is the highest paid tackle in the NFL by virtue of being the first overall selection last year. If we were to draft a tackle at #4, we'd be paying him virtually as much as Jason Peters wants to be paid. There would be no money savings in this scenario.

Thirdly, why would we trade a known quantity for someone who is unproven?

Skooby, once again. Care to comment on this?

Skooby, once again. Care to comment on this?

I am proposing it.

Peters is a idiot and cannot be trusted for a long term commitment, therefore what do we have but another problem around the corner?? A early first round pick could fill another need & we can get a FA to fill his spot.

I am proposing it.

Peters is a idiot and cannot be trusted for a long term commitment, therefore what do we have but another problem around the corner?? A early first round pick could fill another need & we can get a FA to fill his spot.

Okay. We disagree but thanks for being accountable.

Bad idea. Why trade away your best lineman when he still has two years under his contract. He performed very well before the 2008 season. IN 2008, he sat out all the OTA and trainning camp (and the first game) and never really recovered from the time missed. I believe if he comes to camp this year he would regain his old form. We have way too many holes to plug and we don't want to have to worry about the most important position on the OL by cutting the best player there. Cutting Dockery was a needed move. It shows Peters that you have to perform or you are not welcome here. I also do not think he would sit out again because he already tried.

Not saying that Russ Brandon wouldn't trade him. But I don't like the idea.

Skooby I have to mention this again:

March 2007: Bills re-sign Chris Kelsay to ridiculous 4 year, $23 million contract.

August 2007: Bills tear up last 3 years of Aaron Schobel's contract and give him 5 year $50 million contract to assure he's the highest paid D lineman on the Bills. Said Schobel "Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ..."

March 2007: Bills sign Derrick Dockery to 7 year $49 million contract.

Subsequently, Jason Peters, plays under the 5 years $15 million contract he was given after being promoted to right offensive tackle over Mike Williams.

January 2008: Peters is selected to the Pro Bowl.

The Bills do nothing.

January 2009: Peters selected to a second Pro Bowl.

All he did was skip OTA's in protest. If I were him I'd be pissed off too. The Bills should have been proactive with Peters like they were with Schobel. Period.