Hmm, maybe this is who taught T.O...

Found this old school article on cnnsi.com today...it was when he was with the Niners still playing with Rice and Young the year before he was to become a Free Agent...interesting read. He is an excerpt about Rice...

Read the whole article here... Link

This year the three wideouts have combined to give the Niners a triple-threat passing offense rivaling that of the Minnesota Vikings' triumvirate of Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Jake Reed. However, there has been one unhappy side effect: Rice has felt threatened by the presence of Owens and Stokes. Though he's tied for the lead in the NFC with 69 receptions, Rice has twice complained about not getting enough balls thrown his way. Most recently, after San Francisco's 31-20 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Nov. 22 (the 49ers were sparked by a pair of Owens touchdown catches), Rice suggested he might retire because of his frustration with his role.[/i]

Found this old school article on cnnsi.com today...it was when he was with the Niners still playing with Rice and Young the year before he was to become a Free Agent...interesting read. He is an excerpt about Rice...

Read the whole article here... Link

This year the three wideouts have combined to give the Niners a triple-threat passing offense rivaling that of the Minnesota Vikings' triumvirate of Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Jake Reed. However, there has been one unhappy side effect: Rice has felt threatened by the presence of Owens and Stokes. Though he's tied for the lead in the NFC with 69 receptions, Rice has twice complained about not getting enough balls thrown his way. Most recently, after San Francisco's 31-20 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Nov. 22 (the 49ers were sparked by a pair of Owens touchdown catches), Rice suggested he might retire because of his frustration with his role.[/i]

I live in CA, and grew up with major Niner fans all around me. I swear, Rice and Michael Jordan are held up as perfect angels, yet both had many instances of being a terrible teammate and selfish. This is why I always say Kobe gets a raw deal...Jordan actually physically assaulted his teammates on more than one occasion in practice, constantly belittled them in the locker room, was a terrible husband, and had a gambling problem, but he is looked at as some Angel.

Rice was upset one year because they gave Montanna the SB MVP...I mean come on now, you just won the SB. Here is again, leading the league in receptions and coplaining about not getting enough passes. Even saying he is going to retire after a WIN because 2 TD's went to Owens...Rice was known for this, but it all gets forgotten as if he was a perfect angel...