The Bills signed Terrell Owens because...

guru

Ok, we get it. You are trying not to say that if we don't make the playoffs it's because of Trent, now that we have TO and all.

Why not say we should go 14-2 if Trent can "elevate his progression"? Or 15-1?

It wouldn't even be fair to say we missed the playoffs because of Trent. JP sucked when he played and defense wasnt even close to playoff level. Our line play on the offense was suspect at best and Royal probably dropped 15 passes over te course of the season. Seems like at least one game, maybe two that the offense got us into position and we missed a field goal at the end. No sport in the world is as much of a team sport as football, no individual ever loses or wins a game by himself.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills signed Terrell Owens because...

It is a bad fit because Dick Jauron...like Wade Phillips...is not a strong enough personality to keep Owens under control.

A few early season losses will soon create a sour taste in Owens' mouth and then...watch out!!!! :thumbsup:

Teams that were good last season are not necessarily good this year. Time will tell.

Yeah, impossible to judge strength of schedule 6 months before the season starts for a ton of reasons.

Realistically, is Chad Pennington going to be as good as he was last year? Thomas Jones? Kris Jenkins?

The Bills have a lot of "x-factors," but so does almost every team in the league. It's unlikely, but what if Schobel returns to form and they can grab a good playmaking LB in the draft who's capable of starting right away? Then that defense all of a sudden looks quite solid.

New Orleans at home shouldn't scare people...they can't stop anybody, and as much as I like Greer a ton, he's not a good fit for that defense. They generally suck on the road as well. Why is that an assumed loss by anybody? Not to mention we have no idea what time of year a pass happy offense will be coming to Orchard Park.

Tampa Bay is going to be a contender for the #1 overall pick. They'll be horrible...lost a ton of solid veterans, not to mention possibly the best D-coordinator in the league...and they were overachievers to begin with.

Houston is another team with a dangerous offense that can't stop anybody. Not to mention they traded a very good backup in Rosenfels (yeah, he gets mocked for his fumbles against Indy, but he's also very good at what he does) despite having one of the most injury-prone starters in the league.

Talent-wise, Miami and the Jets don't scare me at all.

We're Bills fans, we get false hope dumped on us just about every off-season. But it's fun! At least we have something to look forward to now...I'm not prepared to say they're still going to suck next year...let's let it play out. One of these years they have to be decent, even if it's on accident.

Yes I would. James Hardy will not destroy this team.

There are plenty of receivers out there we could have signed for a lot less than $6.5M

Like I have said before, we are fans of this team who WTACH the games, we dont profit, or get to chill in the locker room. IF they win more on the field, or have a chance to win more games, who cares if it cost ralph wilson 6.5 million. Bill gates at receiver wouldn't destroy this team either. there is not much you can do to destroy a perpetual sub 500 team.