LEE EVANS said hes the #1 WR(not TO)

First, I have no idea what the first sentence means.

Second, Owens is just excitable and possessed. He wants to win and he thinks he is the best person on the team to make that happen. And he aint scared to say it. Guess what? The top 50 WRs in the NFL think the exact same thing. 49 of them just don't say it much. I guarantee Evans thinks that way. And I guarantee that Owens has no problem with Evans getting the ball a lot if the team is scoring and winning and moving the ball. And I also guarantee Owens drives himself and a lot of other people crazy if Evans gets a lot of passes and we don't score or win or move the ball.

lol

he meant #2 but

# = 3 on a keyboard

common sense!

Me too, but I don't see why Lee has to "allow" anything. Yeah he's been the #1 here, but he's not as good as T.O., plain and simple. Its not embarrassing to not be as good as one of the greatest statistical receivers of all time, I don't know why he should have to "let" Owens have the main gig.

If Peyton Manning came to the Bills, should Trent have to "let" him be the number 1 guy?

With the attitude Owens brings, that he wants the ball and actually commands it, he will be getting the fair share of the opportunities. Lee doesn't have the personality to command anything.

Yes, and it's good to see some attitude brought to the team. Hopefully it remains mostly positive.

This puts added pressure on Jauron and I really like that.

Who really gives a ...., just win baby.

The Bills have a very tough 2009 schedule...Owens alone is not enough to get the Bills into the playoffs.

Home: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Away: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Atlanta, Carolina

If you see the Bills winning 10 games against these opponents, which 10 are they??

This is a great thing, lets piss off Evans and make TO the #1 guy for the 1 year he is here

See, TO never creates any locker room drama............

Exactly...the divisiveness and the cancerous tumor have already started to grow!!

I love me some Lee but...

2008:

Evans = 3 touchdowns

Owens = 10 touchdowns

Didn't take long for the media to try and fan the flames of that bonfire! :flirt:

No doubt that TO is a superstar WR, but it's not like he and Lee had comparable situations. Evans had very little complementing him last year - lining up with Lee we essentially had a bunch of #3/4 receivers and a TE who was unreliable at best, plus a second-year QB who struggled. TO had a Pro Bowl QB throwing to him and a Pro Bowl TE to draw the opponents' attention.

There is a zero percent chance that TO is kept out of the HOF. He is one of the best of all time.

I also think TO eventually makes the HOF, but the key to the HOF is that it is like it or not a popularity contest where you gain admission not by accumulating some specific # of individual stats but by a committee voting you in.

TO has fairly clearly amassed individual stats that get him on the list of 75 or so finalists and even gets him into the final list of nominees.

However, the final decision will end up being a lot more about who the competition is at his position in that given year and what the future competition looks like. TO will quite often lose out in the final competition because he is demonstrably a jerk and most important because he does not have the SB rings to show he is a productive team player.

It seems great to me that he signed a 1 year deal with the Bills because this maximizes the leverage that he is gonna be a productive player if he decides his priority is to either 1: demonstrate he has matured to not be such a cancer and can help a team go deep in the playoffs, or he wants to sign one more big FA deal which he will not get if the Bills cut him or decide not to resign him as a cancer.

If he is a jerk, fine the Bills let him walk. if he is that great then you resign him or even tag him.

Its easy for me to see the Bills not winning from this move, but it is harder to see how they lose that badly as if he is a jerk one simply cuts or does not choose to resign him.

Dude, do you hae spellcheck on your computer????/

No sh--, man...I'm like, why is this guy talking about enemas?

(just messin, Poeticlaw)