Donnie Darko fans

s.Darko the sequel to the original will be out this year. Starring Donnie's little sister Samantha this time around. I can't say that I'm thrilled that they did a second part, especially without Richard Kelly being involved but it looks interesting enough to to watch. I was just curious if there were any other Darko fans on the board and what they thought of the new trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/s-darko/trailer

Yea, I saw the trailer a few weeks ago. I was a fan of Donnie Darko but not to the extent where I'm too excited about a sequel. I just don't think any type of sequel could do the first film justice because it was such a thought-provoking, unique film. But who knows, it could also be a gem, you just never know with sequels and prequels.

s.Darko the sequel to the original will be out this year. Starring Donnie's little sister Samantha this time around. I can't say that I'm thrilled that they did a second part, especially without Richard Kelly being involved but it looks interesting enough to to watch. I was just curious if there were any other Darko fans on the board and what they thought of the new trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/s-darko/trailer

I am a semi-Darko fan but this trailer left me distinctly under-whelmed. It looks like a teen drama with more special effects. ' the world is going to end'. Oh man ! Is that supposed to get me excited with the gratuitous shots of the actress liberally thrown in ?

Sorry, but I don't think D Darko required a sequel.

I am a semi-Darko fan but this trailer left me distinctly under-whelmed. It looks like a teen drama with more special effects. ' the world is going to end'. Oh man ! Is that supposed to get me excited with the gratuitous shots of the actress liberally thrown in ?

Sorry, but I don't think D Darko required a sequel.

Exactly....it's like when Dumb and Dumber got a prequel. I refused to see it because it can't top the original. Donnie Darko falls into that category.