Why all the talk about trading Henry?

merlin

With all the talk in the media about "we've seen the last of Travis Henry in a Bills' uniform", etc, I have to ask WHY. His contract, since it was re-negotiated a year or so ago. is very favorable for a RB of his caliber. I doubt TD would be able to get much more than a 2nd rounder for him ... probably a 3rd rounder. Even if he could get a 1st from someone, the Bills would wind up using much more salary cap space on a player who may never pan out (see: Mike Williams). And if, heaven forbid, anything ever happens to Willis, do you really want to go through a season of watching Joe Burns be the featured back in this power-running style offense?

I know Henry won't be thrilled to stay a back-up on this team, but he's proven to be a "team player" so far, and I say at this point, the Bills would be foolish not to keep him for insurance purposes at that position, and hold him to his contract. Willis is good, he may be great, but he's not immortal. And if the Bills really do want him to carry it 25-30 times a game, he's going to get banged up. Henry is awfully cheap and awfully good insurance at this point.

So, why is everyone (in the media) assuming that it is a "done deal" that Henry will be traded after the season?

GO BILLS!!

1) Henry will hold out and force a trade.

2) TD knows what it was like to walk into the DF/RJ deal and he won't have it happen on his watch.

3) you need ONE starter and that is WM. We have backups that can carry the load if need be.

4) We NEED DRAFT PICKS! Pray we get a 1st for henry.