Russians musta thought synchronized hijacking

At least Russia got lucky and they didn't drive them into any buildings.

7041[/snapback]

Maybe they'll start rethinking their positions on Fundamental Islamic terrorists and how to go about dealing with them. This comes on the heels of losing 50 or so in a bombing a couple days ago.

Are they sure it's terrorism now?  I can think of a few ways planes might fall out of the sky simultaneously without being hijacked...

7075[/snapback]

Dexter, you read too much. Get a life, make some babies.

Oh, strike that, Tom having kids. :flirt:

Keep reading buddy.

There's an election in Chechnya in less than a week. The Chechen rebels have already stated their intention to take their terrorism to different parts of Russia (this on the heels of bombing the subway and a rock concert in Moscow).

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

The official word from the Russians now is that it was not a hijacking. Thouugh personally, I doubt the Russians really know for sure.

The hijacking alert, as I understand it, is more of an "aircraft in distress" alert in Russia (again, according to the Russians) than "aircraft has been hijacked". At least, the Russians seem to believe it's a non-indicator.

I'll bet the planes were bombed, personally. It's a lot easier to coordinate something with automatic timers than by relying on people to check their watches.