Miami backing off going after OL Brown

Tsaikotic

miami herald

"Center Jason Brown, the Baltimore Ravens starting center, will not be one of them. Brown is scheduled to visit the St. Louis Rams and NFL sources expect the player to be offered a contract that could average $7-$8 million per year.

The Dolphins showed serious interest in Brown but backed away when they learned Brown's asking price."

not great news but at least it makes sure no teams in the AFC East are going after him except for maybe the Bills...thats if this site is credible

Washington post

hmm looks like its getting even better...with the Skins being reported as wanting to acquire C/G Brown...this move could passably take them out of the loop...leaving Rams and maybe Buffalo as only teams seeking him...but then again I think i read the Vikings wanting him also if Birk doesn't re-sign...course then again they might be seeking Brown as a C which makes this mean nothing

yea...for all we know Buffalo isnt even interested in him...I cant see why tho...with no good center and getting rid of our overpriced guard, they should be going after him....only thing I can think of is that Bills might be counting on signing hangnail or whatever his name is and going C early in the draft...but if it was me, I'd make sure I had more than just 1 option on my plate to chose from from FA

In one of the many Brown-related postings on PFT someone reported that he either has or likely would draw interest from the Bills. I think it was from the Washington Post but Im not sure.

You're right, and after a bit of searching, here she is. Its encouraging to see our name in there, at least.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/...o-bid-on-brown/

You're right, and after a bit of searching, here she is. Its encouraging to see our name in there, at least.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/...o-bid-on-brown/

Thats all Im saying. Its one of those "its such an honor just to be nominated" kind of things. However until its absolutely certain that it can't happen I will continue to hope for us to sign him or some other quality line players.