Sportscenter sunday conversation

rolly

bluefire, even though I disagree with you politically, we're on the same stage here and I'm going to back you up.

First off, i see you were born in 1966 making you 48 years old. Well, us college students will be providing you with social security when you retire so dont act like we dont matter just because we're younger because that paycheck we'll be earning will be assisting you.

Second, our age group has the least amount of voters out of any other age group in the country, so please dont depress anyone in this group to vote for any reason.

thank you.

bush 04'

95443[/snapback]

48? :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which you HAVE said numerous times.  I'm not a backer of President Bush.  You ARE a backer of John Kerry.  Therein lies the difference.

95437[/snapback]

I'm just stating the fact that we can all take shots at the candidates, but its a quid pro quo idea...republicans bring up dirt, democrats reciprocate...stupid cycle..do you agree.

I'm just stating the fact that we can all take shots at the candidates, but its a quid pro quo idea...republicans bring up dirt, democrats reciprocate...stupid cycle..do you agree.

95453[/snapback]

Of course. That's basically the reason we are in this quandry. The same tired ideal of voting for the "lesser of two evils". Facts are apparently too hard to wrap the mind around.

Of course.  That's basically the reason we are in this quandry.  The same tired ideal of voting for the "lesser of two evils".  Facts are apparently too hard to wrap the mind around.

95460[/snapback]

Well I could vote outside the mainstream Demo/Repub arena...but I don't see many options there..ok I'm picking lesser of two evils..I wish my party had a stronger candidate...would a stronger democratic candidate beaten GW handily??I honestly feel more people are concerned about gas prices, wages, medicare than terrorist attacks and homeland security.

Well I could vote outside the mainstream Demo/Repub arena...but I don't see many options there..ok I'm picking lesser of two evils..I wish my party had a stronger candidate...would a stronger democratic candidate beaten GW handily??I honestly feel more people are concerned about gas prices, wages, medicare than terrorist attacks and homeland security.

95477[/snapback]

There is nothing stopping you from voting outside Dem/Rep. There are plenty of candidates. There has to be at least one that you are happy with.

I still feel Kerry would best meet my domestic needs with education

95488[/snapback]

Based on what? He's been a Senator for 19 years. Education has gotten worse over that time, not better. This is despite spending more money per student than any other nation. It has nothing to do with money - you pretty much said it yourself in an earlier thread when you stated you wished you had more parents that cared.

Turning over the power to the government has made parents apathetic. Your candidate advocates even MORE of that. How does that fix the problem? What evidence is there that the educational "Ponzi scheme" is effective?

John Gatto on Education

There is alot of information to wade through. Take some time to hear the other side of the fence.

I'm not a youngster..I'm concerned about my social security....taxes..all the basics

95504[/snapback]

Well, to be honest, I do not see how either of those will improve under a Kerry Administration.

This is despite spending more money per student than any other nation.  It has nothing to do with money - you pretty much said it yourself in an earlier thread when you stated you wished you had more parents that cared.

95505[/snapback]

I disagree. I feel money is very important in education. The more resources at the children's hands the better. (computers, internet, books, up to date classrooms) Research and my own personal experience show that less money in education = lower results than that of higher funding systems.

I'm not a youngster..I'm concerned about my social security....taxes..all the basics

95504[/snapback]

This is from a guy who admits to pulling in $40K and has a military retirement that's probably close to $1500 a month before taxes plus has a wife making $75K? YOU'RE worried about Social Security?

Take a class on investing.