Rex Grossman

Cripes

I redirect, you deride:

Chicago Tribune speculation

I'm going to be in the vast minority here, but I think this could be a good move IF the $$ are right. Grossman has a pretty good arm, experience and pretty much has been relegated to "Backup" status, which can't sit well with him. He's not mobile, so the OL would have to provide decent pass protection and pick up blitzes, which they vastly improved at the last half of the season. Given TE's injury history, we need an experienced QB and getting a former SB quarterback, young enough, used to playing in cold, crappy weather and wanting his starting job back would be a good move IMO. It's gonna come down to $$ and perhaps the ability to compete for the starting position.

Replacing JP Losman with the NFC version of JP Losman. Makes sense. Their stats across the board are eerily similar. Except Grossman has been sacked less, and has a lot less career fumbles.

that and of course he's been to the playoffs...i mean won a playoff game...actually went to a super bowl. Everyone can talk all they want about how much Rex Grossman sux, but the reality is - he's better than Losman. Much better.

I'm going to be in the vast minority here, but I think this could be a good move IF the $$ are right. Grossman has a pretty good arm, experience and pretty much has been relegated to "Backup" status, which can't sit well with him. He's not mobile, so the OL would have to provide decent pass protection and pick up blitzes, which they vastly improved at the last half of the season. Given TE's injury history, we need an experienced QB and getting a former SB quarterback, young enough, used to playing in cold, crappy weather and wanting his starting job back would be a good move IMO. It's gonna come down to $$ and perhaps the ability to compete for the starting position.

Yep, him or somebody else. I guess there's little doubt that JP is moving on, so they either trust in Hamden or make a move.

A poster previously suggested Anthony Wright. He ran the CIN club in the '06 pre-season - insurance policy brought in after Palmer's knee injury in their '05 play-off game.

He was competent.