Sad about Lynch

SuperBills12

I agree with you 100%. I posted the same thing a few days ago but the thread was closed for some reason. Some people here just don't understand what it's like to grow up in an environment like Lynch did. It takes time to adjust your behavior and relationships to what society sees as the norm.

I like Lynch, but I like the Bills as a team even more. I think what people who are defending him as "young and stupid like we all were" are failing to acknowledge, is that as much as we may love watching him play (and I do) you have to start to wonder if his tenuous situation doesn't hurt the Bills as a team. I know, his temmates love him, which is great, and most of the fans really love the way he plays... I get that. But, as minor as we might all see his offenses, they are starting to mount up, and at some point, he (and the team by association) are going to have to pay the price.

What good is it if he is an all effort, balls to the walls maniac on the field, if he is suspended for four games. What good is it if he is one "young and stupid" transgression away from being suspended for 6 games, a season, whatever... it is a simple fact, as great as some of these guys are on the field, if they aren't accountable off the field, it will come back to kill the team. If the guy becomes an off the field legal problem for the team they (as the Bills may be doing now) have to reassess, how much of a risk is he worth? Should they trade him now, before he makes another "young and stupid" mistake, and they can't get anything for him? He is putting the franchise in a bit of a predicament.

Ultimately, I hope Marshawn stays, grows up, makes better decisions, and is our starting running back for another 5 or 6 years. But, how stupid will they look, if he fugs up again? The Bills aren't notoriously big risk takers when it comes to this kind of thing. Marshawn hasn't really done anything that would lead one to believe he is getting smarter about these things.

Personally, I found the incident from last offseason less defensible, and more revealing about what kind of a person Marshawn is. I hope Chuck Pollack is wrong...but I am not liking what I am hearing....

I hope Lynch turns it around off the field. How much can the commish hammer him if the case is thrown out or bargained to nothing?

Lynch is going to be suspended. Probably by the Bills after a conference with Goodell. That is how it's done. The suspension will be 2-4 games. I will gladly eat my words if it does not happen but sure as heck it will happen.

In the long run it will likely be the best thing to happen to Marshawn Lynch, Or Not and If "not" it will be very bad for the Bills but much worse for Lynch.

well said. a stupid mistake, to be sure, but so is going hunting with dick cheney. :lol:

Good analogy, Senator, ok ML ended up with some misdemeanors, and $100.00 fine or whatever last time, but the point

is, is that every time he pulls this sh--, he is rolling the dice big time. All the elements where there for a tragedy like the

Jags player or Darrent Williams, or Plex, we can all be thankfull that nothing like this has happened so far. I luv the kid,

and pray that he turns it around, time will tell!