Kyle Williams

WordByrd

Once you said Butler sucks, and that Bryan Scott can't cover anyone, your post lost all credibility. Do u not remember that Scott earned his starting spot by shutting down the likes of gates and gonzalez.

Ditto for Scott as he has been our best safety the past 2 years when given the chance as he has been solid in coverage and very active near the LOS. Some will say that doesn't speak well for the Bills but I think when he is given the chance to start for a full season he will show to be better than most SS in the NFL.

Ditto for Scott as he has been our best safety the past 2 years when given the chance as he has been solid in coverage and very active near the LOS. Some will say that doesn't speak well for the Bills but I think when he is given the chance to start for a full season he will show to be better than most SS in the NFL.

Yeah, I agree. I'm a big fan of the LB-SS hybrid type of guy. He's proven the ability to cover speedy tight ends like a SS, but unlike most safeties he can completely stop a player in his tracks when he makes a tackle.

On top of this, I personally think Whitner's long term future is definitely at FS.

Go back and watch, it's not in garbage time by any means.

Ok I just assumed some of it was garbage time because the score was so lopsided. Anyway, Thigpen targeted Gonzales probably more than any QB targeted any receiver. If you look at Gonzales' game log, he has very consistent high numbers with Thigpen at QB. Not to say Scott couldn't have contained him a LITTLE better, but when a player is thrown to basically once every series of downs, he's going to wrack up some serious numbers.

About Bryan Scott.

I'm very impressed with his play. What I've seen of him, he seems to cover those big Tight ends really well. He is a good tackler and seemed to make lots of tackle behind the line of scrimmage.

I'd like to see him be the starter at SS next year, and see what Donte with a full season do at FS. Hopefully he can double his career int total this season :sick: