Ron Edwards and Pat Williams FA Status??

CJPearl2

Does the much improved play of Ron Edwards make Pat Williams' resigning less important??

I think Pat Williams will command an above-average salary in free agency. Since all the main parts of our defense is shored up for at least one-two more years (including Nate, all LBs, Schobel, Vincent and Malloy) - we should let Ron Edwards start at tackle - with Tim Anderson taking reps as well - and put Pat's money into the O-Line.

Agree? Disagree??

Williams is getting up there in age, so not so sure he will get many high salary offers.  If we can sign him for reasonable amount great, but if not, We'll be OK with Edwards and Anderson.

You can't afford pro bowlers at every postion anyway.

94008[/snapback]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Edwards is a UFA next year also...

Edwards is signed with the Bills through 2005.  He'll make $1M in salary next year.  As for Pat, he likely won't command a big salary on the market, and will probably be back with the Bills.

94055[/snapback]

According to Bills Daily Ron Edwards had only a 1 year deal in 2004

http://www.billsdaily.com/frontoffice/

Where did you see that he is signed in 2005?

You're joking, right?

94084[/snapback]

No I'm not joking because he was drafted the same year as Schobel, Henry, and Jennings. Schobal got a contract extension just before the season. Henry got a 1 year extension a couple years back. The others as far as I know have not & that is why they are expected to be free agents at the end of 2004. plus I cannot seem to find anyware in the net that he signed another 1 year deal through 2005

No I'm not joking because he was drafted the same year as Schobel, Henry, and Jennings. Schobal got a contract extension. The others as far as I know have not & that is why they are expected to be free agents at the end of 2004. plus I cannot seem to find anyware in the net that he signed another 1 year deal through 2005

94105[/snapback]

That NFLPA.org website is the official website of NFL players. They would know.