Buffalo #1 in one category

zow2

Yep, come winter time, you have the usual array of cookie cutter cold weather places like Foxboro, Green Bay, Chicago, Cleveland etc... But where else can you count on at least one or two "pre-winter" horrible weather games?!? ORCHARD PARK, NY...that's where! The wind, rain and low clouds that whip off Lake Erie can be really intimidating to our opponents. I'm glad we wiped out Miami and Ariz in OUR conditions in OUR house. Can't wait for the Jets next week!

Saw this quote from Josh McCown. Great quote.

"I know one thing, I have a newfound respect for Jim Kelly and what he did here," McCown said. "To put up the numbers he did in this type of environment is unbelievable. It was the toughest conditions I've ever played in."

Saw this quote from Josh McCown.  Great quote.

"I know one thing, I have a newfound respect for Jim Kelly and what he did here," McCown said. "To put up the numbers he did in this type of environment is unbelievable. It was the toughest conditions I've ever played in."

94036[/snapback]

Good point. I wonder what Kelly would have accomplished in say Miami or SF, with Clayton and Duper for a good chunk of his time, or Rice and Taylor. Also if he hadn't missed those 3 years because of playing in the USFL.

I wonder what Kelly would have accomplished in say Miami or SF, with Clayton and Duper for a good chunk of his time, or Rice and Taylor. 

94087[/snapback]

Your point on weather conditions is noted, but I wouldn't exactly say Andre Reed, James Lofton, and Don Beebe were slouches.

Good point.  I wonder what Kelly would have accomplished in say Miami or SF, with Clayton and Duper for a good chunk of his time, or Rice and Taylor.  Also if he hadn't missed those 3 years because of playing in the USFL.

94087[/snapback]

Gotta remember the HUGE advantage lofton and reed took of the BAD conditions..So i think the bad conditions he;lped as much as they hurt cuz the DBs couldn't get any traction and didnt know where lofton and reed were. 51-3????--the raiders couldnt get NEAR a bills receiver

I loved that Raiders game. We should do that more often.

94159[/snapback]

Probably my favorite weather game in recent memory was the Raiders divisional playoff game in 94. It was absolutely bitter cold out, the Raiders held up pretty well considering the conditions but Kelly rallied the troops at the end. Tasker made an incredible play on a kickoff or punt, forget which one at the moment. I just remember him snatching the ball out of the air and returning inside the ten.

I just looked up the temperature on that game, 0 degrees and a -32 degree windchill, coldest game in Buffalo Bills history. That kind of weather would even make Ron Jeremy self conscious.