Did anyone else see...

Rob Ray and Ruben Brown were getting vicious with eachother when the topic on Rob Rays show was "Is Buffalo a football or hockey town"?

Rob Ray said hockey

and then Brown said...football...because the Bills fans get crazy at the games and have fun before the games.

Then Rob Ray tells Brown the only reason Bills fans drink and tailgate is because the Bills suck.

I love hockey and all... but I'm pretty sure both teams don't own championships.

And then Ray rambled on how hockey players are smarter than football players.

Opinions?

Rob Ray and Ruben Brown were getting vicious with eachother when the topic on Rob Rays show was "Is Buffalo a football or hockey town"?

Rob Ray said hockey

and then Brown said...football...because the Bills fans get crazy at the games and have fun before the games.

Then Rob Ray tells Brown the only reason Bills fans drink and tailgate is because the Bills suck.

I love hockey and all... but I'm pretty sure both teams don't own championships.

Opinions?

Ray lost too many brain cells during his "career". The Bills will always be bigger then the Sabres in Buffalo. However, the town will party just as hardy regardless of which one ever wins a championship first.

Rob Ray said hockey

Opinions?

Rob Ray is obviously a Super Douche.

Pretty tough argument honestly. This town went bananas when either of them were good. I'm a Sabres first guy but just barely. If both games were on at my house, I'd watch the one with more significance and dvr the other. The trick to that is turning off your phone so noone can play spoiler. I remember the 90's with the Bills, it was nuts. Then it was the same story in '99 and again in '06 for the Sabres. I almost say it's slightly more Sabres right now just because the Bills have been so bad for so long. Numbers show that people like football more than hockey and that's probabily why people still show up to Bills games. It makes them feel relevant in the national sports conversation.

I love the Sabres, but Buffalo is a football town, first. Fake argument for nearly always fake sports radio.

And, for the record, the Bills HAVE won league championships...TWO AFL Championships in 1964 and 1965.

Ray lost too many brain cells during his "career". The Bills will always be bigger then the Sabres in Buffalo. However, the town will party just as hardy regardless of which one ever wins a championship first.

Although I am more of a footballl fan than Hockey, compared to other hockey towns buffalo is the best. they always outrank in TV ratings and sellouts when compared to other nhl cities.

It's historically been a close race between the two, but the 9 year playoff drought plus the inevitable Toronto/LA relocation in about 4 years has pushed hockey and the Sabres into a permanent lead...IMO.

I don't think so at all. A permanent lead? You sound like Rob Ray.

Sabres fans couldn't sell out consecutive games in a 75,000 seat stadium week in and week out.

If the Bills left Buffalo - what would be left other than the Sabres?

The Bills put Buffalo on the map IMO...

I love both teams but the Bills are clearly the team in Buffalo. Plus - chicks are hotter in Bills jerseys ;)

Rob Ray said hockey

Opinions?

They have been doing that skit since Ruben joined the TV show.