Trade scenarios...

Armchair GM

Peters is a dick for, Boldin wants out, Baltimore says they can't keep both CB's and can't afford to keep that lB corp together.

Yeah, sure. You understand that they can't trade Suggs, right?...He's a FA.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

listen armchair,

as far as having an original thought, well i suggest you read my posts again, if you fail to see the argument behind it, then you'll never see it. About fair pay, Thats what the whole argument was based on, HELLLOOOOOOOO!! As far being beligerent, I didn't call anyone here a dumbass, I said dumbass posts about Peters statistics on giving up stats based on one year. Lots of good players in this league have had bad years that went on to do great things. Peters has proven that he can play at a high level, and if we would of decided to have paid him what he is worth, we wouldnt even be having this argument today.

Anyone who says, "lets wait for him to play well in 2009 before we open up contract talks again" really is just living in fantasy armchair gm land. In this league you pay based on potential not reward. Why do you think Matt Ryan gets paid more than Brady, cuz he's better? noooooo, cuz there is a dream that maybe he will be better or as good. If we don't pay Peters his real worth, than someone else will, and guess what? He'll be a probowl LT for some team, and we will be stuck searching for an entire decade for someone to replace him.

Thats the reality

As far as I am concerned, Jason Peters is already getting paid his real worth. One good season and so many people on this board act like he is the second coming of Anthony Munoz. Not only will he never be Munoz on the field, he never will when it comes to being a team player either.

Scenario #1. AZ needs a LT BADLY, to replace Gandy. We have one and need an elite WR to complimant Evans' deep threat...som, trade Peters and swap 1st's with AZ for Bolden...spend the $$, Bolden fits perfectly with a check down offense as he can create yardage after the catch.

If you think its there's controversy trying to get RW to pay top dollar for a LT? Bring Boldin in....a guy who wants to get paid as well, and you'll just have another holdout and more controversy

As far as I am concerned, Jason Peters is already getting paid his real worth. One good season and so many people on this board act like he is the second coming of Anthony Munoz. Not only will he never be Munoz on the field, he never will when it comes to being a team player either.

Peters definitely hurt his worth, with his lack of production this year and his holdout.

signing him to big money IS a risk. The fact is, he does have the potential to be a top end LT in this league. Eventually, the Bills will have to take that leap of faith some time if they ever want to be better than a 7-9 team. If it doesn't work out, cut him. They lose the guarenteed money, but at least we know they took the chance. The Bills have wasted money on worse things.