Casey or Coffman

Drew026

In round 2 after we take a DE in round 1. I haven't seen a ton of of Casey and I'm sure a lot of people on here haven't being that he played on a smaller stage at Rice, but what I've seen from Coffman is that he'd be ideal for this offense.

So for those who have truely watched Casey, where does he stack up against Chase?

Casey is a freak of nature. His nickname is "Thor" and for good reason. Coffman is a great receiving TE, but it's his blocking that has me a little sketchy about the guy. Casey blocks well, has great hands, and runs well after the catch. He also doesn't shy away from contact. I, personally, would rather have Casey. Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't be throwing stuff at the TV if they announced that "With the 42nd pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri," though.

I haven't seen much of the kid from Rice but I know he caught a ton of balls last year, which is impressive. Coffman does have great hands but I'm wary of him because he's not a true TE IMO. He doesn't line up hand down on the line, he's splits out wide in their spread offense. I consider Coffman to essentially be a giant WR. I need to know he can hold his own in blocking as well as see him get free off the line and run routes when lined up next to a tackle.