WTF Is Wrong with This Team?

Stl Bills

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proverbial "tree falling in the woods..."

Well I thought I had a good two pages of discussion prior to your post....thats kind of what I was going for, to discuss my issue with fellow Bills fans.

Well I thought I had a good two pages of discussion prior to your post....thats kind of what I was going for, to discuss my issue with fellow Bills fans.

Back to the discussion, the problem is they have a whole bunch of players who can't block and tackle, and an owner who can't seem to build an organization like pittsburghs where they get a bunch of players who can block and tackle

IIRC, Dockery has been quoted as saying he missed his friends on the O-line in washington. IF we did what we had to do to get him in a Bills uni, I am fine with that. By putting him there it plugs a hole we would have had withouthim. While he i not a probowl player, he is completely adequate, and was rarely in a bad highlight. Guards aren't supposed to be noticed. IF he were on an offense which had a lead in the 4th quarter most games, and we had the option of pounding the rock on a few drives, you would notice him a lot more. Remember this is a team game, Good WR's can make a bad QB look good, Good Qb's can make a bad O-line RB look good, a good defense can make a bad offense look good etc.... If you look at our defensive stats, they weren't bad at all. We were low on sacks and picks, but then again we never forced teams to start heaving the ball in the 4th guarter either by having a good lead. the stats will come for individual players when the team as a whole puts it all together.

I agree, Dockery gets bashed on this thread for the simple fact that he is getting paid 49 Million and we have a losing team. He is more than adequate, he is a good run and pass blocker. Yes he does get beaten on some plays for sacks and yes he doesn't always manhandle the opponent, but he does fill a hole and we are better off having him.