Drew Willy invited to NFL combine

PromoTheRobot

Glad to see Willy get a shot at the combine. As far as Roosevelt goes, where he is picked in the draft next year could be hurt by the fact that Willy is graduating and the kid mostly likely to replace him(his name escapes me) is an option QB. I am not sure if Gill is considering changing the offense around next year.

Glad to see Willy get a shot at the combine. As far as Roosevelt goes, where he is picked in the draft next year could be hurt by the fact that Willy is graduating and the kid mostly likely to replace him(his name escapes me) is an option QB. I am not sure if Gill is considering changing the offense around next year.

The QB question has not really been answered yet for 2009. A lot of folks assume Zach Maynard has the inside track because they "un-redshirted" him in 2008 so he could play a few snaps, and he is more of an option-style QB. But there is another redshirt frosh named Jerry Davis that may challenge as well. From what I hear both kids have the arm, but can they be as accurate and as smart as Willy was?

PTR