Bills/Titans in preseason Hall of Fame game

BillsWatch

I am sure Bruce Smith going into hall was a factor in selecting this pairing for they want to sell that game out. I do not not think it is right to play a team in preseason and then have to play them during regular season as well.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090131...RTS01/901310345 Their opponent in the league's first preseason contest will be the Buffalo Bills. The game is scheduled for Aug. 9 in Canton, Ohio, and will be nationally televised.

It will kick off the 50th anniversary of the Oilers/Titans franchise. Like the Titans, the Bills are also original members of the America Football League.

The Titans are also scheduled to play the Bills during the regular season. The date for that game is yet to be determined.

name='G. Host' date='Jan 31 2009, 11:17 AM' post='1305591I do not not think it is right to play a team in preseason and then have to play them during regular season as well.

I don't know if it is right, but it isn't unusual.

I do not not think it is right to play a team in preseason and then have to play them during regular season as well.
I don't know if it is right, but it isn't unusual.

Quick check, but for the Bills...

2006 - Detroit

2003 - Titans

2002 - Detroit, Vikings

Ralph and Bud Adams are the only two original AFL owners who still own their team. Hey, is TBD going to organize a trip?

Only if someone else does it. The problem is after Jim's induction, they raised prices so much and forced you to buy their packages, that per person costs would be almost $400 when adding in the bus and hotel.

Ralph and Bud Adams are the only two original AFL owners who still own their team. Hey, is TBD going to organize a trip?

I've already got hotel rezzies, tix to the enshrinment and to the HOF itself. When game tix go on sale I'll get those too.

It is ALIVE! :thumbsup:

How are you, man? Life down here's good ... but between working constantly and travelling to CT to help out Mom, no time for much of a life these days. Still got the seasons, but now that it's 800 miles round trip to HOME games, I've only averaged four home games a year the last three seasons. But I'll never part with the seats, Deaner ... Now with this Bills TicketExchange in place, I get my season tickets for close to free. I have been averaging 1.5 to 2.5 times face for the ones I sell. Could actually make money, but the most desirable games are always the ones I wanna go to as well! (Monday nights, anything against the Cowboys, the defending champs, or an original AFL team ... those I try not to miss. And assuming they retain the weighted Super Bowl ticket lottery at OBD, I'm a lock for Super Bowl tix when our guys get it. Everyone I know (except AlbanyNY (Harv) that is) thinks I'm nuts for keeping season tickets to a Buffalo team when I could kick a football to New York City from here. But you all know the drill ... I was BORN a Bills fan. That will NEVER change ...

How are you, man? Life down here's good ... but between working constantly and travelling to CT to help out Mom, no time for much of a life these days. Still got the seasons, but now that it's 800 miles round trip to HOME games, I've only averaged four home games a year the last three seasons. But I'll never part with the seats, Deaner ... Now with this Bills TicketExchange in place, I get my season tickets for close to free. I have been averaging 1.5 to 2.5 times face for the ones I sell. Could actually make money, but the most desirable games are always the ones I wanna go to as well! (Monday nights, anything against the Cowboys, the defending champs, or an original AFL team ... those I try not to miss. And assuming they retain the weighted Super Bowl ticket lottery at OBD, I'm a lock for Super Bowl tix when our guys get it. Everyone I know (except AlbanyNY (Harv) that is) thinks I'm nuts for keeping season tickets to a Buffalo team when I could kick a football to New York City from here. But you all know the drill ... I was BORN a Bills fan. That will NEVER change ...

That's great, PIA. Like you I spend a lot of my time taking care of family, these days. I just wish I lived close enough to get to a few home games a year. You may be crazy to keep the season tickets...but, it's a good crazy and one I respect. Fortunately for you, you aren't paying for tickets you don't use...that has to help.

Nice to see you back and posting, once in a while.

I've already got hotel rezzies, tix to the enshrinment and to the HOF itself. When game tix go on sale I'll get those too.

Do you know when game tickets are for sale? I wasn't even thinking about going, but when Ralph made it and the Bills are in the game...I jumped in. Hotels are crazy inside the area, but I used some points that I had saved for a splurge just like this. I was thrilled to see enshrinement tickets available on the website, and good ones at that.

I figure I can always scalp tickets the day of the game if need be....but it would be nice not to need them.

Do you know when game tickets are for sale? I wasn't even thinking about going, but when Ralph made it and the Bills are in the game...I jumped in. Hotels are crazy inside the area, but I used some points that I had saved for a splurge just like this. I was thrilled to see enshrinement tickets available on the website, and good ones at that.

I figure I can always scalp tickets the day of the game if need be....but it would be nice not to need them.

No I don't know when they'll go on sale, but I signed up for the HOF newsletter so they'll email me as soon as they know.

How much does that cost? Is that $400 price accurate...? I'm thinking about going, but not sure I want to pay THAT much for it...

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found the link G posted :lol:

I found out that Hilton (Hampton Inns) still has rooms available for reward nights if you happen to have Hilton stay points. Checked Choice Hotels all hotels were booked.

880 ARLINGTON RIDGE EAST, Akron, OH 44312

1-330-644-6579

4406 State Route 43, Kent, OH 44240

1-330-673-8555

1299 W. High Street. New Philadelphia, OH 44663

1-330-339-7000

4331 Lakepointe Corporate Drive, Stow, OH 44224

1-330-945-4160

The one in Kent was least expensive if you were paying cash at $124/night.

How much does that cost? Is that $400 price accurate...? I'm thinking about going, but not sure I want to pay THAT much for it...

It would be more this year. My estimate, based on their package prices listed online, the ticket package we'd have to get would be over $400, before adding in hotel and bus.

No I don't know when they'll go on sale, but I signed up for the HOF newsletter so they'll email me as soon as they know.

Looking last night, trying to find last years prices, I did find listings for this years game already at the secondary ticket sites like Stubhub. Lowest price I saw was about $125, so I'm guessing tickets will cost less than $100.