We want to talk to these guys?

Interesting that the comments from the Iranian street are generally more positive and constructive on this topic than their government's. There's no real reason the US and Iran shouldn't have at least cordial relations except for two issues: the Iranian government's attitude towards the US, and the US government's attitude towards Iran. :blink:

Interesting, too, that among the crimes that Ahmadinejad wants the US to apologize for is "Israel". That's not likely, so no matter how Obama thaws US attitudes towards Iran, Iran isn't likely to reciprocate, at least according to Ahmadinejad.

I agree that there is an opportunity with the 'average' Iranian. They may have had their fill of Akmedinny-Jihad and vote to throw him out in June. That is if Isreal doesn't act first:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090129/ap_on_...forum_netanyahu

Ak-Jihad is not the only problem though; he is just the mouthpiece for the mullahs- so we'll see if any fundamental change is likely to happen. Personally, I'm doubtful anything good will happen, but if anything, the Obama Presidency offers a fresh chance to engage. I just hope he's not as naive as I think he is.

Or, here's another plan: Let's appoint a female Secretary of State to represent the US in discussions with Iran. That would confirm that we have no &%$#ing clue about the values and mores of their culture. Gee, don't they simply revere women in Iran...or do you think they'll give us a mulligan if Hill'ry doesn't work out quite right the first time?

Or, here's another plan: Let's appoint a female Secretary of State to represent the US in discussions with Iran. That would confirm that we have no &%$#ing clue about the values and mores of their culture. Gee, don't they simply revere women in Iran...or do you think they'll give us a mulligan if Hill'ry doesn't work out quite right the first time?

It's okay now. It just wasn't okay when Bush did it, with someone who written and helped dictate foreign policy and was a world acclaimed academic. Much better to have a housewife with 4 years of polical experience do it.

It's okay now. It just wasn't okay when Bush did it, with someone who written and helped dictate foreign policy and was a world acclaimed academic. Much better to have a housewife with 4 years of polical experience do it.

C'mon man, give her some credit! She also worked at the Rose Law Firm. :lol:

You are fukking insane. :lol::D :D

You make a claim about a Democrat ordering a CIA killing during the 60s of an Iranian Ayatollah and overthrowing their government, I respond by showing you that it was actually during the 50s not the 60s and it was a Republican not a Democrat, and then your response is to link the worldnetdaily about a JFK murder conspiracy over Vietnam?

You are fukking insane. :lol::D :D

You make a claim about a Democrat ordering a CIA killing during the 60s of an Iranian Ayatollah and overthrowing their government, I respond by showing you that it was actually during the 50s not the 60s and it was a Republican not a Democrat, and then your response is to link the worldnetdaily about a JFK murder conspiracy over Vietnam?

I was referring to Kennedy undermining the government of vietnam and killing the president. You're an idiot.

So in other words you were dead wrong about the CIA and Iran. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

I wasn't talking about Iran.

I said do we want to do in Iran what a president in the 60's did?

In fact until you posted that, I'd never heard of it.

It's what Ahmadinejad was mostly talking about when he asked the US to apologize yesterday. :lol: Quite a coincidence, huh?

:D This isn't the first time I've seen two people argue about completely different things. It may, however, be the first time I've seen them do it knowingly.