I am sooo glad I don't live in a major US city

I would not go as far as to build a bunker but you should prepare yourself for ...the possibility of temporary break down in law and order...Stock up on dry foods, water and water purification, fuel ect

So, what you are saying is, those in big cities should live like those in rural areas have to live, every day. :lol:

Seriously, if stupid was commodity, you would be a very wealthy man.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get terrific wine, for a very minimal amount of money. The problem with Shaw's wines are, they are completely different, from batch to batch. So, while a Sauvignon Blanc may be rated fairly high, or win awards, the one you buy in the supermarket might suck.

All wine is different from batch to batch, sometimes bottle to bottle and even minute to minute. That's the beauty of it. Depends on what you're drinking it with, how long it's been opened, how it's been stored etc, etc. Usually with good/aged reds I taste it as soon as I've opened it and let it breath for 20 minutes or so and taste it again from the bottle. The decant is and taste it again. By this time I'm too buzzed to tell the difference but isn't that really why we drink. :lol:

There is a REALLY annoying panhandler about three-four blocks past AT&T park. Most of them are pretty passive but this freaking guy tries to block your way if you pass without paying, like the sidewalk's his own tollway.

No doubt he was whisked away at some time so he could register and vote Democratic, then tossed back onto the streets. So you had a momentary reprieve.

All wine is different from batch to batch, sometimes bottle to bottle and even minute to minute. That's the beauty of it. Depends on what you're drinking it with, how long it's been opened, how it's been stored etc, etc. Usually with good/aged reds I taste it as soon as I've opened it and let it breath for 20 minutes or so and taste it again from the bottle. The decant is and taste it again. By this time I'm too buzzed to tell the difference but isn't that really why we drink. :lol:

No, you don't seem to understand. There are certainly variations from batch to batch, and year to year. That isn't what I'm talking about. Most reputable wineries have a style, use grapes from particular areas to help meet that style and maintain SOME level of consistency, etc. Even the cheaper brands usually deliver some level of consistency and quality. Hell, Carlo Rossi's Paisano always tastes like Carlo Rossi Paisano, with very minor variations. A bottle of Shaw tastes like Cabernet one time, and Paisano, another time.

That simply doesn't seem to be the case, at Shaw (or at least wasn't a few years ago). They take the remnants of grapes (and juice, I believe) from whatever source is available. Sometimes they get lucky and get some really good product, and the results are fairly good....especially for the money. But, sometimes the incoming product isn't very good...and neither is the wine. What they should learn to do (and maybe they have, in recent years) is to sort the product, and find a blend they can maintain, over time. Don't blow all the good stuff on one bottling and have the next bottling taste like crap...rather, keep a reserve of the various grapes for future blending.

No doubt he was whisked away at some time so he could register and vote Democratic, then tossed back onto the streets. So you had a momentary reprieve.

What makes you think he would vote Democratic? I think in SF, the homeless are mostly Neocons. :lol:

I would not go as far as to build a bunker but you should prepare yourself for a terrorist attach and the possibility of temporary break down in law and order depending on how large the attack is. Stock up on dry foods, water and water purification, fuel ect…and oh YES gets your guns now before Obama and the Dems make it imposable to obtain through over regulations like ammunition serialization.

To celebrate the inauguration I went out and bought myself another gun, a Yugoslavian SKS M59/66 with a NATO 22mm grenade launcher and folding bayonet and a can of 7.62x39. Too late!

Now? I am about 30 years ahead of you.

This to add to my gun collection, just to piss off libs like "The Dean".

You spend money to buy guns you will never have a use for, simply to piss off liberals (like me)?

You are, obviously, a very smart person.

I'm still waiting for the liberal outrage, but I'm guessing that, like me, they don't give a rat's ass about some far right-wing wacko who stockpiles weapons for no reason. We know that the likely outcome of your weapons fetish, is the accidental (or otherwise) maiming/killing of one of your own inbred family members.

No, you don't seem to understand. There are certainly variations from batch to batch, and year to year. That isn't what I'm talking about. Most reputable wineries have a style, use grapes from particular areas to help meet that style and maintain SOME level of consistency, etc. Even the cheaper brands usually deliver some level of consistency and quality. Hell, Carlo Rossi's Paisano always tastes like Carlo Rossi Paisano, with very minor variations. A bottle of Shaw tastes like Cabernet one time, and Paisano, another time.

That simply doesn't seem to be the case, at Shaw (or at least wasn't a few years ago). They take the remnants of grapes (and juice, I believe) from whatever source is available. Sometimes they get lucky and get some really good product, and the results are fairly good....especially for the money. But, sometimes the incoming product isn't very good...and neither is the wine. What they should learn to do (and maybe they have, in recent years) is to sort the product, and find a blend they can maintain, over time. Don't blow all the good stuff on one bottling and have the next bottling taste like crap...rather, keep a reserve of the various grapes for future blending.

No, what you should learn to do is not drink shiit.

This to add to my gun collection, just to piss off libs like "The Dean".

Looks like it worked :lol:

You spend money to buy guns you will never have a use for, simply to piss off liberals (like me)?

I'm still waiting for the liberal outrage, but I'm guessing that, like me, they don't give a rat's ass about some far right-wing wacko who stockpiles weapons for no reason. We know that the likely outcome of your weapons fetish, is the accidental (or otherwise) maiming/killing of one of your own inbred family members.

If you haven't already, you should check out this slick contraption. I am, by no means, a wine connoisseur, but my friends are and they swear by it. A little pricy ($40), but a great gift for wine drinkers.

Typical Tard thinking. Your kind wants to take guns away from citizens as they know eventually that they will be turned on them. Tards are too ignorant to have outrage.

If you haven't already, you should check out this slick contraption. I am, by no means, a wine connoisseur, but my friends are and they swear by it. A little pricy ($40), but a great gift for wine drinkers.

I have tasted wine that has been passed through that contraption. It was good, and I think it does its job. But, I really don't think it is necessary. I believe when possible, opening the wine early, pouring a little out into a glass, and then letting it breath naturally. Or, if you don't have time for that, a decanter is always nice (and preferable for some wines, even if you have the time). For some wines, like a really big Amarone, I might open it in the morning, for an evening affair, or before I go to bed, if it is to be drunk earlier in the day.

But, of course, there are times when you are opening the wine, last minute, and do not want to, or can't, decant it. The Wine Aerator will work in those situations. But, quite frankly, when a wine needs to breathe, I don't mind giving it a little "mouth-to-mouth". I actually like starting to taste it when it is first opened, and experience the differences as it opens up, over time.