Get it right you stupid GD moron lib. media!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany declared war on the US not because they wanted to drag us into the war but was because of the Tripartite Agreement they had with Japan.

And the fact that we were already arming their opponents and playing legalistic games ("lend lease") to pretend it wasn't so.

Face it: Roosevelt = Cheney.

"Disclaimer" Not directed at the original post

I tend to laugh at things like this.....conservatives think the media is liberal....liberals think the media is conservatives.....people sling the word tard around like an insult without knowing who they are really offending by using it as an insult. It is time for America to grow up..........

Personally, I disagree with the "War on terror" because it won't work.....way too flawed. It is not much different than any other war that was waged against a stereotyped evil enemy

Germany declared war on the US not because they wanted to drag us into the war but was because of the Tripartite Agreement they had with Japan.

Germany wanted Japan to declare war on the Soviet Union and the Nazis saw the way to do this was to declare war on the US. Nazi Germany had previously shown no qualms about ignoring treaties signed earlier, after all.

The Japanese, having had their arses handed to them by the Soviets some years earlier, though 'Bugger that!' and went their own way.

Germany wanted Japan to declare war on the Soviet Union and the Nazis saw the way to do this was to declare war on the US. Nazi Germany had previously shown no qualms about ignoring treaties signed earlier, after all.

The Japanese, having had their arses handed to them by the Soviets some years earlier, though 'Bugger that!' and went their own way.

And the Kiregsmarine wanted looser rules of engagement in the North Atlantic to facilitate their submarine campaign. Given that the US Navy and Kriegsmarine had been engaged in limited combat since that fall, it did make a certain amount of sense to escalate it to a fully declared war while the US was otherwise preoccupied in the Pacific.

Battle of Nomohan, 1937. First true validation of "blitzkrieg tactics" [sic].

What was that about people being doomed to repeat it?

While I do not profess to know everything, unlike you, we are in trouble when so many here cannot remember what happened on a worldwide scale only a little over 60 years ago (WWII not this particular battle.

One assumes the Russo-Japanese war.

Yes, I was curious if there was another confrontation b/w Japan and Russia/USSR between the Russo-Japanese war and the tail end of WWII, because the Japanese kicked Russian ass in 1905.

While I do not profess to know everything, unlike you, we are in trouble when so many here cannot remember what happened on a worldwide scale only a little over 60 years ago (WWII not this particular battle.

Are you referring to me with this post? I think you didn't understand my question.

Are you referring to me with this post? I think you didn't understand my question.

The whole thread in general. Like thinking things are black and white and that combat operations cease as soon as a peace treaty is magically signed.

Reality and history is lost on people.

First, I mistyped. It was in 1939.

Second...the battle was fought between a paranoid, secretive, isolated military dictatorship and a paranoid, secretive, isolated communist dictatorship. Most people didn't even know contemporarily the Russians and Japanese fought in the late 30's.

Hell, I'm impressed someone here knew enough to find a link to the Russo-Japanese war of 1905.