Anquan Boldin

jester43

That sort of immaturity is why the Steelers are likely to walk all over the Cards in 2 weeks. Boldin is just an ass...maybe if he should try and emulate his teammate Fitzgerald and make plays and be humble. Wasn't Boldin whining about his contract prior to the season (I haven't read this entire thread if it's been mentioned).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

are you serious? the guys wants to win, he knows if he pisses the coaches off enough they can bench him, he's a man and can make his own decisions. he made one, and i have no idea why there is even a discussion about this non-issue.

For the most part it seems to be a pretty even handed discussion (that's why we're all her afterall). Why that bothers you I have no idea.

I'm recycling this from the "Neurologically Intact" post about McGahee. I think this is a valid discussion. I tend to think that the Boldin critics are being a bit harsh. Of course he acted wrong and made a mistake. But look at his body of work. He deserves one iota of the benefit of the doubt. Here's a comparison of Boldin to others that we, as Bills' Nation love to hate.

Anquan Boldin:

* 2004 Rookie of the Year, only rookie Pro Bowler

* 2004-2008 Sets 4 NFL Records and 5 team records, 3 Pro Bowls

* 2007 Voted offensive team captain by teammates

* 2008 Angry that Larry Fitzgerald is signed to a 4-year, $40 million contract ($10 million/year)and that the Cardinals refuse to renegotiate his deal with 3 years and $12 million ($4 million/year) remaining, demands a trade, Cardinals refuse

* 2008 Injured against the Jets with serious concussion, plays with and through a multipli-fractured face, comes back ahead of schedule, returns to play very well, injures hamstring on long scoring play in playoffs

* Yesterday melts down and screams at offensive coordinator in the midst of Arizona's game winning drive because he's not on the field at crunch time

Willis McGahee:

* Refused to stay in Buffalo for offseason workouts and attended the minimum required OTA's.

* Said unflattering things about the city.

* Paternity testing proved him the father of two children.

Travis Henry:

* 2002 misdemeanor in Hamburg>sex with a minor

* 2005 four game suspension for substance abuse policy violation

* 2007 failed drug test, won on appeal, no time lost to suspension

* 2008 failed drug test, one-year suspension

* 2008 disclosure that he's fathered 9 children with 9 different women

* 2008 busted on federal cocaine-trafficking charges, faces 10 years

So Anquan is getting lots of hate today and McGahee is very much hated in these parts. And yet what are we comparing them to? Don't get me wrong. I'm not moralizing or criticizing. It's just interesting to me how people are reacting to Boldin.

Now Pacman Jones? there's someone worth hating.

I saw Boldin kind of pull up and jog gingerly after Warner missed him (wide open) down the middle in the 2nd quarter.

is it possible that Whisenhunt and/or the OC didn't think that he was healthy enough later in the game?

Boldin was won NFL Live on ESPN and that's what he just said. He was hurt and he thought he could go, but the coaches thought otherwise. He also said he wanted to beat the media out the door, so the headlines wouldn't be about him

And Warner did have a heated discussion with Haley also but it wasn't at the worst possible time.

It was still stupid though.