Answers at C and TE?

lacoy38

Any thoughts? Also is there any precedent on whether a rookie TE or rookie C would be more apt to succeed right away?

Rookie Centers - hands down. The league is full of late-first/early-second round centers who came in and succeeded right away. Heck - we need look no further than the Jets - but he's not unique.

Rookie TE's aren't just late bloomers - they've also been frequent busts. Hope for Fine to work out and/or get a FA TE.

Round 1: Brown or another top 3 DE

trade back up into the bottom of round 1 and get the best Center in the draft - whoever that is this year, after combine.

Draft Guard depth after that. Then take late round fliers on a SS, LB, and DT.

Re-sign Crowell, and return a healthy DiGi and we're fine at LB

Bring in decent (not likely stars) FA's at TE and DE (for depth). Cut Kelsay or at least make him take a pay cut to avoid it, to pay for Crowell and Peters' extentions.

How hard is that? Championship! :thumbsup:

Rookie Centers - hands down. The league is full of late-first/early-second round centers who came in and succeeded right away. Heck - we need look no further than the Jets - but he's not unique.

Rookie TE's aren't just late bloomers - they've also been frequent busts. Hope for Fine to work out and/or get a FA TE.

Round 1: Brown or another top 3 DE

trade back up into the bottom of round 1 and get the best Center in the draft - whoever that is this year, after combine.

Draft Guard depth after that. Then take late round fliers on a SS, LB, and DT.

Re-sign Crowell, and return a healthy DiGi and we're fine at LB

Bring in decent (not likely stars) FA's at TE and DE (for depth). Cut Kelsay or at least make him take a pay cut to avoid it, to pay for Crowell and Peters' extentions.

How hard is that? Championship! :thumbsup:

i think the only DE that I'd go for at our pick would be Brown or Orapko. The other guys don't excite me to much...