Kerry Collins?

didnt leinart start for arizona? then they replaced him with kurt warner? leinart was a much higher draft pick and more highly touted than edwards was. look at arizona now. not a bad move.

didnt young start for tennessee? he got replaced by collins? young was a much higher draft pick and more highly touted than edwards was. look at tennessee now. not a bad move.

Kerry Collins had a good year on a team that required him to do very little. In Buffalo, without a best-in-the-league defense to back him up, he'd look like another bum. Edwards matched him in terms of yards, in fact, he had slightly more in fewer games. Edwards' completion percentage was seven points higher, and he averaged more yards per attempt, with a virtually identical yards-per-completion number.

I'm not certain that this all adds up to Edwards being superior, but I don't think that Collins is such a clear better choice that we should bench Trent and pray that Kerry's 37-year-old body has another season in it.

If he was interested in being a backup, well, that's another story.

Trent is our QB for the future.

He has a strong enough arm, excellent accuracy....

and BTW, he's like 12 years younger then Collins.

I often read these pronouncements that "Trent is our QB for the future." It sounds as if Moses brought it down from the mountain top inscribed on a stone tablet.

If we can get someone to come in and play a few years and help our team, we should do it. It's not fair to guys like Mitchell and Evans and Schobel etc. Come on guys, I know you've only got so much playing time left in your careers and want to win, but suck it for X number of years while wedevelop this one guy out of 53 into being ready to play. That's idiotic. That's one of the reasons Moulds got fed up with Buffalo.

I think Collins, Cassel, Garcia, or Warner would all be great upgrades and Trent could watch and see how a real NFL QB handles things he's been having a hard time with.

Screw the stats. JP's stats are not too far off of Trent's.

It's a WIN WIN

Do it.

I'd take Leftwich pr Charlie Batch or Anthony Wright as a backup to Trent any day.

For the last two weeks we have seen some fine quarterbacks. Some are older than Trent and some younger. Trent doesn't compare to these guys. Short passes, touch passes, high passes to our tall receivers are all poorly thrown. He was a good bargain find in the third round. Just the right fit for our dollar pinching brain trust. Name one team that would replace their starter with him. Nothing personal, but this job isn't for everyone.