Ramius, FSU agrees to play South Florida

Gordio

I got to give the old fart credit, this is a pretty risky move imo. They are playing @ FSU next fall & then 2012 play in Tampa. I really think this is a nowin situation for Bowden & Fisher. Win, & everybody says you were supposed to win against your younger brother, lose & all of sudden people may question who is 2nd in command behind Florida in the sunshine state. What are your thoughts on this?

I got to give the old fart credit, this is a pretty risky move imo. They are playing @ FSU next fall & then 2012 play in Tampa. I really think this is a nowin situation for Bowden & Fisher. Win, & everybody says you were supposed to win against your younger brother, lose & all of sudden people may question who is 2nd in command behind Florida in the sunshine state. What are your thoughts on this?

I think its a win/win for both schools. Maybe its even a bigger win for USF. Also I dont see what you mean by "pretty risky move".

:w00t: you make me laugh. Mistaking USF as the 2nd best team in the state? :):P:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its not risky at all. FSU actually has the balls to play some decent OOC games, unlike the inbred redneck trash SEC. We win, we win. We lose, no big deal. People aren't going to start questioning FSU. In case you didn't notice, FSU went a very solid 9-4 this season, and missed out on the ACC title game because of a tie breaker. Ponder is coming back next year, and the OL returns almost entirely intact as we had 3 freshmen and 1 sophmore starting. It'll still be a few years until FSU could make a play at national prominence, but no reason to believe at this point in time that we won't be back in the ACC title game next season. If people like you would like to think that USF is actually gaining on FSU and/or UF, be my guest. But kids would still rather play for FSU or UM long before they would want to play for USF. USF still is, and will be 4th best in the state for a long time.

:w00t: you make me laugh. Mistaking USF as the 2nd best team in the state? :):P:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its not risky at all. FSU actually has the balls to play some decent OOC games, unlike the inbred redneck trash SEC. We win, we win. We lose, no big deal. People aren't going to start questioning FSU. In case you didn't notice, FSU went a very solid 9-4 this season, and missed out on the ACC title game because of a tie breaker. Ponder is coming back next year, and the OL returns almost entirely intact as we had 3 freshmen and 1 sophmore starting. It'll still be a few years until FSU could make a play at national prominence, but no reason to believe at this point in time that we won't be back in the ACC title game next season. If people like you would like to think that USF is actually gaining on FSU and/or UF, be my guest. But kids would still rather play for FSU or UM long before they would want to play for USF. USF still is, and will be 4th best in the state for a long time.

I never said they were the 2nd best team in the state. They are relevant though & would probably be no more then a 3pt underdog to Florida ST this past year on a neutral field. I am actually giving FSU a compliment. I did not think we would ever see the big 3 give USF a home & home series. I know florida would never do it & if I am not mistaken Miami had a home & home scheduled with USF & backed out of it once they realized there was a decent chance they would get beat & be embarrassed. All 4 of though schools should play each other each & every year. it is a shame they do not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.