What is the obsession on this board with Trent Edwards and his glove?

billsfreak

I have seen several posts on here over the last week about Trent Edwards wearing a glove like it is a bad thing. Who in the heck cares if he wears a glove as long as it doesn't affect his throwing, which it didn't. Someone here is obsesed with it. Kurt Warner always wears one, Flutie wore one when he was here. I don't get it. So many problems in Bills Land and a glove isn't one of them.

Wow....he wears gloves. Fascinating observation. Who cares....I am sure th ePatriots fans were upset with TB wearing gloves leading them to SBs. I bet that really upset them.

Doug Flutie liked them as well in the cold as he learned from his days in the CFL......basically who cares?

Next we should go after players who wear hats on the sideline.

There are a lot of Bills fans who fantasize about a team-full of Jim Kellys. And if anything gets in the way of that image, they cant root for the player. Be it a headband, a glove, a haircut, on and on.

Very true. The average knucklehead Bills fan wants the players to look tough whether they are or not and the coach to be screaming for 60 minutes on the sidelines. Helps them relate.

In retrospect the gloves are not too much to worry about.

When he first wore them I thought they exposed him as a Glove Wearing Mary who feared the elements. Surely the defenses would see this as a sign of weakness and capitalize on it. Then for a while it also looked like a marketing gimmick. Someone on here started calling it "balcony fashion" which was a perfect name.

Now, the gloves just seem to fit perfectly. They are less a sign of weakness than they are a pebble on the mountain of evidence. Between his hair highlights, complaints about the cold, pick sixes of throws that require arm strengh, text messages supporting the coach, injury of the week, refusal to throw deep, first flight out to Los Gatos, and the endless parade of other crap, the gloves really aren't a blip on the pansy radar anymore.

Not everyone needs to be Jim Kelly, but can we at least expect someone more masculine than Jim Jay Bullock? :doh::lol::lol:

In retrospect the gloves are not too much to worry about.

When he first wore them I thought they exposed him as a Glove Wearing Mary who feared the elements. Surely the defenses would see this as a sign of weakness and capitalize on it. Then for a while it also looked like a marketing gimmick. Someone on here started calling it "balcony fashion" which was a perfect name.

Now, the gloves just seem to fit perfectly. They are less a sign of weakness than they are a pebble on the mountain of evidence. Between his hair highlights, complaints about the cold, pick sixes of throws that require arm strengh, text messages supporting the coach, injury of the week, refusal to throw deep, first flight out to Los Gatos, and the endless parade of other crap, the gloves really aren't a blip on the pansy radar anymore.

Not everyone needs to be Jim Kelly, but can we at least expect someone more masculine than Jim Jay Bullock? :devil::P;)

Could you try to be a more consistent flame? TYIA.