Consider for a moment this tactical move by RW

GG

I don't call what we do now WC by no means, However, I get the drift of what your saying, but the WC offense runs the ball allot more than you might think and it utilizes all of your weapons easier.

With Tom Brady playing for the Pats the run game is almost non existent, wouldn't you consider the Patriots offense as a variation of the WC offense?

I understand that a WC offense can get plenty of yards via the run. But, in that offense the pass sets up the run, and not vice versa. The short passing game IS the defacto running game in the WCO.

While some call what the Pats* run a modified WCO, I don't buy it. There are some elements of the WCO in there, and when Brady had all that protection, and great WRs, they were passing the ball all over the place. But, this does a pretty good job of describing the NE* offense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy

Long time Bills fans (sufferers) will find an amusing tidbit or two, in this article.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I understand that a WC offense can get plenty of yards via the run. But, in that offense the pass sets up the run, and not vice versa. The short passing game IS the defacto running game in the WCO.

While some call what the Pats* run a modified WCO, I don't buy it. There are some elements of the WCO in there, and when Brady had all that protection, and great WRs, they were passing the ball all over the place. But, this does a pretty good job of describing the NE* offense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy

Long time Bills fans (sufferers) will find an amusing tidbit or two, in this article.

Thanks for the article, allot of good info :beer:

The best we can hope for is that Jauron learns from his mistakes, studies game planning and strategy from the Pats* and Jets losses (among others), works hard for the unwarranted extension and makes the entire coaching staff do the same. So what are the chances of that happening?

:censored: Why would you expect different results this year than any other? It's not like Dick is a 2nd year ROOKIE as Trent has been called by his fans, He has been in this league for YEARS. I predict Bills W/L record in 09 as 7-9. :beer:

You know, most of us believe that DJ needs to go, and that keeping him is a bad decision by Ralph. But, to think that Ralph and Jauron are "laughing their asses off" is stupid. I'd guess Ralph is furious, and DJ is nervous and contrite. I don't think there was a lot of laughing going on, the past few days.

Yeah, I know it's stupid. I'm just letting off steam. But if Ralph was as furious as he ought to be, Jauron wouldn't be there. Ralph should be determined along with furious. I don't see that. I see Ralph being naive enough to give DJ a 4th chance with piss poor odds of anything substantive changing. And I doubt Jauron is contrite or nervous. Relieved, maybe. Jauron couldn't be contrite if he took acting lessons.

You got it right, I think.

I am particularly disturbed by the lack of creativity and subterfuge, in the offense. I don't mean gimmicks or trick plays. I just think the Bills are very predictable in their formations and personnel packages. It usually isn't very hard to figure out the play, once they line up.

You should be able to run most plays (with minor adjustments) from almost any formation. Why are they so bland? In the very rare instance they do anything unpredictable, it is only unpredictable because it is so fuc#ing stupid.

Now, I will admit that, overall, Turk did a better job with the offense this year, than Fairchild did last year. But, the brain cramps continued in the Red Zone, and on particularly pivotal plays, on important drives, in big games. And, when Edwards plays, they don't seem to take any shots down the field, in most games. The closest thing late in the year, was a medium long shot to Jackson...which worked well. Do they EVER use Roscoe deep?

Now, to be fair, it was Turk's first year, so there is a chance he will grow in that position...but, only if Jauron lets him. If it is true that Jauron is responsible for these horrible calls, in clutch situations, he needs to STOP making offensive calls. If he is simply shielding Turk, then he or someone, need to get to Turk ASAP, and put him on notice, that the options are, "improve quickly", or go.

I agree. The Bills would drive into the red zone and then turn into the Three Stooges. If, and that's a gargantuan IF, they could have finished drives in the Red Zone, we might not be having this conversation.

:lol: Why would you expect different results this year than any other? It's not like Dick is a 2nd year ROOKIE as Trent has been called by his fans, He has been in this league for YEARS. I predict Bills W/L record in 09 as 7-9. :doh:

Nope....5-11. Unless Spielberg starts scripting the games.

Yeah, I know it's stupid. I'm just letting off steam. But if Ralph was as furious as he ought to be, Jauron wouldn't be there. Ralph should be determined along with furious. I don't see that. I see Ralph being naive enough to give DJ a 4th chance with piss poor odds of anything substantive changing. And I doubt Jauron is contrite or nervous. Relieved, maybe. Jauron couldn't be contrite if he took acting lessons.

I have to agree with that.

The best we can hope for is that Jauron learns from his mistakes, studies game planning and strategy from the Pats* and Jets losses (among others), works hard for the unwarranted extension and makes the entire coaching staff do the same. So what are the chances of that happening?

:lol::lol::doh: This is about the funniest thing I've ever read on this board, You sir are HILARIOUS! :lol: